Game freezes when clicking 'mods'

InsecurePayment

Question

Hi, I am new to the forums but I recently have a glitch/bug with the game.

Everything else in the game works, multiplayer, solo and loading saves.

But whenever I click on 'Mods' it freezes and it shows me that it isn't responding

The version of the game is the Vehicle Test 41.2 

No crash logs, nothing. It just freezes and I have to terminate it or close it.

7 answers to this question

You could go to "C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid" and delete the "mods" folder. Though the version you stated is a bit weird. The vehicles havent been in testing for a while now. Doublecheck your Project Zomboid steam settings if you are on the "None" build in the Beta tab.

8 minutes ago, Beard said:

You could go to "C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid" and delete the "mods" folder. Though the version you stated is a bit weird. The vehicles havent been in testing for a while now. Doublecheck your Project Zomboid steam settings if you are on the "None" build in the Beta tab.

Might have to go so far as to remove the subscribed mods, since it could be a problem with preview image format or something.

That's never happened before, though. So if Beard's suggestion works, ignore me. :P

49 minutes ago, Beard said:

40 minutes ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Might have to go so far as to remove the subscribed mods, since it could be a problem with preview image format or something.

That's never happened before, though. So if Beard's suggestion works, ignore me. :P

The version I stated is below above the CONTINUE LOAD SOLO MULTIPLAYER button, so that should be the cause.

I have placed the mods I needed in the 'mods' folder (non-workshop mods, the ones in forums)

However, even if they are not in the mods folder the game freezes upon clicking the "Mods" button.

16 hours ago, InsecurePayment said:

The version I stated is below above the CONTINUE LOAD SOLO MULTIPLAYER button, so that should be the cause.

I have placed the mods I needed in the 'mods' folder (non-workshop mods, the ones in forums)

However, even if they are not in the mods folder the game freezes upon clicking the "Mods" button.

That might be because the Mods folder includes a file for loading the mods. So if you have any outdated or broken mods loaded in it might cause the crash. Are you sure that the non-workshop mods are up to date?

That could be the case, but I checked that they match the game version.

However, even without the non-workshop mods or with them, the game freezes anyway if I click on Mods. Sorry for the late response.

6 hours ago, Beard said:

That might be because the Mods folder includes a file for loading the mods. So if you have any outdated or broken mods loaded in it might cause the crash. Are you sure that the non-workshop mods are up to date?

Archived