Build 40.31 Can't leave car, Q to shout doesn't attract zombies

Axezombie

Hi,

2 very annoying bugs in Build 40.31 from a game made in Build 39.67.5

1) I can't leave this car (circled in red) I entered through the driver's door, doors are unlocked, car engine is off, I tried to switch seats, nothing works I'm trapped in it and nothing happens in the console when I press E to leave. I guess it's because the passenger's door is blocked but it still doesn't explain why I can't leave through driver's door.

Anyway I fixed it by pasting my character's file on another game then in this new map I was out of the vehicle and could move out then I put back my file in my game.

Edit: I think I'm blocked in this car because of the wall being too close to the car, I should still leave the car if I enter it but I guess it's an explanation to this bug.

2) When I shout I've got this message in the console : Range not set for zombie.chat.defaultChats.SayChat

Of course it doesn't attract zombies since there is no range, I guess it has something to do with the changes you made for the local chat

Untitled.png

Edited by Axezombie

yeah Shout isnt working for me either, it's strange because they said they fixed it lul!

I wonder what the soundradious is on the shout?

Also I would like to create custom shouts, instead of saying the boring, Hey, hey you, over here :P

Have you tried the Police car's siren? Holy shit, it attracts zombies from HUGE distances, I once let the siren be on and left from the car in March Ridge, after a while there were a HUGE circle of zombies around the police car and even more just kept coming. Lmfao!

Edited by josko_91

Yeah I tried. Talking about March Ridge, this morning I was there and my car was surrounded by zombies, I couldn't even move forward zombies were so many they pushed my car, blood was everywhere from zombies getting hit by my car and the game was at 5 fps max. I still don't know how I survived, I guess they were so many that they pushed each other and couldn't hit the car's windows

Oh and btw, zombies are spawning in my safehouse during the night, all doors are closed, windows are broken but they are barricaded and my safehouse is surrounded by walls so they couldn't even spawn outside the house to start with so they couldn't logically spawn inside...

It's this house: https://map.projectzomboid.com/#0.3293576782168999,0.27838978250689306,361.1759844495528

Edited by Axezombie

1 hour ago, Axezombie said:

Oh and btw, zombies are spawning in my safehouse during the night, all doors are closed, windows are broken but they are barricaded and my safehouse is surrounded by walls so they couldn't even spawn outside the house to start with so they couldn't logically spawn inside...

It's this house: https://map.projectzomboid.com/#0.3293576782168999,0.27838978250689306,361.1759844495528

Try building a wall near or against the house. The game now uses an IsoRegions file for this sort of thing, but it doesn't exist on older saves.

Hope it helps, anyway. It'd be really interesting to hear if they spawn indoors in a new game. If they do, try it with the Sleep Events disabled in the sandbox. If you're bored and have the time, I mean. :P

Try building a wall near or against the house. The game now uses an IsoRegions file for this sort of thing, but it doesn't exist on older saves.

Hope it helps, anyway. It'd be really interesting to hear if they spawn indoors in a new game. If they do, try it with the Sleep Events disabled in the sandbox. If you're bored and have the time, I mean. :P

Okay thank you, I'll try that when I'm back to my safehouse.