40.31 (Truckbed vehicle repairment)

Snakeman

I repair a truckbed with ductTape (Success). Part condition raises but, the result of repairment is a truckbed with less capacity (81 before - 73 after) .
This happen with a comercial vehicle, mc loggin (The grey one without a rear window). This is a bug???

42 minutes ago, nickodemos said:

Then why repair it at all if the final result is a smaller space?

Should work that you get a larger space based on your mechanics skill. And the lower you are the less overall space you can have.

It just is.

I'd rather have not had trunk size change, but I guess it makes sense from a purely game-ified perspective: damaging the trunk is a very bad idea, you'll always get a smaller trunk as punishment.

I would say that this is a bug and not intended. I also had 73 space in trunk and when I banged up the car a little, suddenly my trunk space went to 81, just like OP. Trunk was at around 75% condition when this happened. Then I fixed the trunk by a couple of % and the space dropped below 70 and started going up with subsequent repairs (eventually going up by 1 space per 1% repair).

This was all done by a level 10 mechanic in v 39 but I'm pretty sure it's the same in v 40. Gonna do some testing to try and get exact values of trunk condition when this happens. Will update later.

So, I managed to find a McCoy Dash Bulldriver (sidenote: I have experienced the same issue with Valuline and D6) and crashed it a couple of times to get the trunk condition low. Then I started repairing. I used Glue until 96% and then Duct Tape just because I was low on Glue. Mechanics lvl 10, game version 40.31.

Trunk condition - Trunk space

46% - 59

63% - 74

72% - 82

78% - 88

83% - 74

86% - 77

89% - 80

91% - 81

After this, it went up by 1 per 1% until 100% - 90.

Edited by moriak
minor edits

• 2 weeks later...

Same for a gas tanks as I've just found.

Can't put a certain numbers since some tanks are installed on cars (and their volume rounded up) and some are dismantled from. So, what I have now for the "Standart small gas tank":

75% - 37.05

76% - 37.44

82% - 31

83% - 32

88% - 34

100% - 39

Just like the trunk volume, the gas tank volume seem like have a huge volume drop-down at about 80%

14 hours ago, Shamanu said:

Same for a gas tanks as I've just found.

Can't put a certain numbers since some tanks are installed on cars (and their volume rounded up) and some are dismantled from. So, what I have now for the "Standart small gas tank":

75% - 37.05

76% - 37.44

82% - 31

83% - 32

88% - 34

100% - 39

Just like the trunk volume, the gas tank volume seem like have a huge volume drop-down at about 80%

i think the issue it's not the drop... because 82% of 39 = 31
76% of 39 will be 29 and we have 37...
Calculation of repairment are wrong i think < 82...

item SmallGasTank1
    {
        Weight    =    11.0,
        Type    =    Normal,
        DisplayName    =    Small Gas Tank,
        Icon    =    CarGastank,
        VehicleType =   1,
        MaxCapacity = 39,
        ConditionAffectsCapacity = true,
        ConditionMax = 100,
        ChanceToSpawnDamaged = 60,
    }