Vehicle storage space weirdness

Geras

It seems strange that delivery vehicles have less storage space than family cars.

I'd suggest making delivery vehicles trunks bigger.

As of now the best cars for hauling loot are (correct me if I'm wrong):

1. Franklin All-Terrain

100px-Franklin_All-Terrain.png

85 trunk

60 on seats (3 seats)

8 glove box

153 storage total

2. 6-seater Franklin Valuline

100px-Franklin_Valuline_Variants.gif

20 trunk

100 on seats (5 seats)

8 glove box

128 storage in total

3. Chevalier Cerise Wagon and Chevalier Nyala (seems like an oversight that a wagon version has same storage as a sedan)

100px-Chevalier_Cerise_Wagon.png 100px-Chevalier_Nyala_Variants.gif

55 trunk

60 on seats (3 seats available)

5 in glove box

120 storage in total

4. 2-seater Franklin Valuline,  Chevalier Step Van,  Dash Bulldriver

100px-Franklin_Valuline_Variants.gif 100px-Chevalier_Step_Van_Variants.gif 100px-Dash_Bulldriver_Variants.gif

85-90 trunk depending on version

20 on seat

8 in glovebox

113-118 storage in total

5. Chevalier D6

100px-Chevalier_D6_Variants.gif

85 trunk

20 on seat

8 in glovebox

113 storage in total

I've mentioned a few times how much it bothered me that the station wagon and the sedan had the exact same trunk space, even though it was supposedly fixed once. It was never properly fixed, but I didn't want to be repetitive after bringing it up after every couple of updates.

Trunk space is definitely something that needed a retweak, so many vehicles need a spike in trunk size in order to validate their purpose (I'm looking at the vehicles that are clear item-movers, like the vans and pickup trucks). It seems like the developers were very cautious in giving the players too much trunk space and inadvertently gave the players way too little for those vehicles. I think that a step van could at least fit more than 4 dead bodies in the back of it's large backside. After all, people use them to furnish entire rooms, yet they can only fit a couple of shelves ingame.

For the sake of both game balance and realism, Station Wagons, Pickup Trucks and all vans need a large boost in trunk size. All of these vehicles are disadvantaged by their size, weight and overall performance (which includes their fuel economy) yet, as the math proves, they have no real upside to compensate.

And yes, I do believe there is more than enough gameplay evidence that shows the immediate need to give the boost. Vehicles can afford to have a little bit more power in this department especially if we are still going to get a proper maintenance overhaul down the line.

not sure how feasible it would be but one solution would to make the larger vehicles capable of hauling multiple large items, such as furniture or bodies but a reduced amount for lose items. this would allow people to use a van to shift multiple larger items in one go as you would with a van but would stop people filling the back of a van with lots of small items such as food/guns/ammo. after all if you filled a transit van with small items you would never be able to find anything and it would all just fall out when you open the doors.

20 hours ago, Snakeman said:

Trunk repairments  not work properly also.

I've noticed that as well.

When you repair your car's trunk the space available does not increase straight away. I suppose you need to get away from the car for it to despawn and come back for it to reappear.

Archived