Is there an issue with Pitch Black Nights? Build 40

M700N

Hi all,

Is there currently and issue with Pitch Black nights on Build 40? As when my server was on Build 39 you could not see a thing without a flashlight but now you don't even need one. Is there a different way to do it in the new weather build?

Thanks,

M700N

1 minute ago, M700N said:

Hi all,

Is there currently and issue with Pitch Black nights on Build 40? As when my server was on Build 39 you could not see a thing without a flashlight but now you don't even need one. Is there a different way to do it in the new weather build?

Thanks,

M700N

Is this with a selected 'pitch black' option?

1 minute ago, Batsphinx said:

Is this with a selected 'pitch black' option?

Yes. So I have NightDarkness set to 1 which is pitch black in the Sandboxvars file and in the Servertest.ini file I have Nightlengthmodifier set to 1.0. This worked perfectly in build 39.

I am confused.

1 minute ago, Batsphinx said:

The new weather and shaders system has pretty much uprooted what this setting was based on - so it's likely a bug. We'll see if we can improve the situation :)

It is just, I have a lot of people on my server complaining that now, there is no need for a flashlight and that it is too easy when it is bright at night.

On 01/11/2018 at 8:30 PM, Batsphinx said:

The new weather and shaders system has pretty much uprooted what this setting was based on - so it's likely a bug. We'll see if we can improve the situation :)

Has it also changed the system for light sources emitting light? 

Since the weather build (and through IWBUMS), Lights have not been emitting any actual light, and appear to just be extending the view cone of the player. (In some situations/lightings, making lights almost completely useless)

The issue has been reasonably heavily talked about on both Discord and the forums, most recently shown here

Edited by Bejasc
Fix link

I've talked about this issue a few times in a few different threads - but I've not actually accurately reported it as it's own issue. 

So just in case it gets missed (as it's usually in the comments of other issues), and not to hijack threads / detract from the actual issue reported in the OP, I've created a new post,  with a bunch of screenshots detailing the issue that's most bugging me. 

Although the screenshots were taken on Normal lighting settings, the issue is similar to the OP, in that you don't really need a flashlight now with the new post-processing effects. 

The thread can be found here .