New Update 40.26 Bugs that i have Found

Chess of Confusion

O.k before the update i was happy playing on single core 30 FPS not saying it couldn't handle more... it just there was no difference for me.. so there was no point in using more of my PC.

After the update.. keeping with my single core 30 FPS all of a sudden i stated to get really bad lag drops even when i turn it form 30 to 60 FPS i still get lag drops. Now what happens when i enable Multi-core the great new's is no more lag drop's.. how ever my character feels like i pulling a car at moments.. i can run normal every now and then.. then i'm back pulling a car...also thank you for finely allowing to build walls with stone hammer that's everything    

3 hours ago, Chess of Confusion said:

My bad i said the wrong one yea i meant to say 40.30 i tried Disable vsync doesn't work i still get the same problems that i mentioned plus screen tearing because i disabled  vsync. 

Just for testing, try setting the fps to 24. See if that stabilities it.

Any mods? Does it only happen in certain situations?

O.k i had to wait for the game to settle first about 1 minute...i'm so use to playing straight away.. the game definitely needs to be played on 60 FPS now not 30.  There's definitely a problem with the multi core tho i recon is.... my PC is way above Recommended But....any one else's Gaming PC that is way better than mine.. properly might not get the issues that i'm getting or was getting. 

Also if you haven't turned of Post-processing i recommend doing so the game look's way better in my opinion.. much much more colourful.      

Hello!
there is another thing what i "found". When i write an admin command in (ubuntu console) "startrain", the console says Rain Started, but its not...  when i tried the thunder start command, the console gives the unknown command message:S 

• 2 weeks later...

O.k i have finely got the best CPU for this PC the i7 2600 so now i'm running a....i7 2600 with a GTX 1050 ti and 14 GB don't worry I've tested the odd ram it's not that.  It's back preforming like shit again... even when i lower the settings... if it's not the fps dropping i get the game stuttering every 5 to 10 seconds. I really hope they bring out an update to fix this. But for now i'm going back to the last update until they fix this problem.  

I have this too. (Freezing every 5 to 10 secs for a split second)

Can't really add much more but just adding my name to the list. It's very noticeable when running especially.

Core i7 6700

16GB RAM

GTX 1070

Edited by MadDan2013

20 minutes ago, MadDan2013 said:

I have this too. (Freezing every 5 to 10 secs for a split second)

Can't really add much more but just adding my name to the list. It's very noticeable when running especially.

Core i7 6700

16GB RAM

GTX 1070

Same. Will post a video later.

i5 4690k

16 GB RAM

GTX 980ti

Game and system on SSD

Edited by Geras

1 hour ago, Geras said:

https://streamable.com/xcc1f

1st drive with skybox and window reflections off.

Micro stutter every second moment.

2nd drive with skybox and window reflections on.

This stuff can kill you.

Don't really know what to suggest there. It looks like the map stops loading for a few ms then the game catches up. Normally I'd assume it's a problem with the harddrive, but others in this thread seem to have modern enough systems. 

I see lots of erosion. Does it happen in a new game, as well? Note, it's expected that the first time you drive through an area it'll be a bit choppy as the game caches and saves the area for the first time, but it should go away after a few seconds.

44 minutes ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Don't really know what to suggest there. It looks like the map stops loading for a few ms then the game catches up. Normally I'd assume it's a problem with the harddrive, but others in this thread seem to have modern enough systems. 

I see lots of erosion. Does it happen in a new game, as well? Note, it's expected that the first time you drive through an area it'll be a bit choppy as the game caches and saves the area for the first time, but it should go away after a few seconds.

It's the 6 months later scenario so erosion was maxed since day 1. I don't remember if it was stuttering at the start of a new game. It's been a while since start.

I wouldn't expect this kind of stutter on a SSD drive, though. It's surprisingly severe with the sky box and reflections but the micro stutter is annoying as well.

2 minutes ago, Geras said:

It's the 6 months later scenario so erosion was maxed since day 1. I don't remember if it was stuttering at the start of a new game. It's been a while since start.

I wouldn't expect this kind of stutter on a SSD drive, though. It's surprisingly severe with the sky box and reflections but the micro stutter is annoying as well.

Try a normal survival game, without any erosion. 

20 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Try a normal survival game, without any erosion. 

Started a new Survival game.

Microstutter with the 2 graphic options disabled is still there.

Megastutter with the 2 graphic options enabled is not as severe and often as before but it's still there.

On 2018-10-31 at 3:11 PM, Chess of Confusion said:

O.k i had to wait for the game to settle first about 1 minute...i'm so use to playing straight away.. the game definitely needs to be played on 60 FPS now not 30.  There's definitely a problem with the multi core tho i recon is.... my PC is way above Recommended But....any one else's Gaming PC that is way better than mine.. properly might not get the issues that i'm getting or was getting. 

Also if you haven't turned of Post-processing i recommend doing so the game look's way better in my opinion.. much much more colourful.      

What CPU do you have, specifically? I don't see it mentioned here.

On 2018. 10. 30. at 7:28 PM, Chess of Confusion said:

O.k before the update i was happy playing on single core 30 FPS not saying it couldn't handle more... it just there was no difference for me.. so there was no point in using more of my PC.

After the update.. keeping with my single core 30 FPS all of a sudden i stated to get really bad lag drops even when i turn it form 30 to 60 FPS i still get lag drops. Now what happens when i enable Multi-core the great new's is no more lag drop's.. how ever my character feels like i pulling a car at moments.. i can run normal every now and then.. then i'm back pulling a car...also thank you for finely allowing to build walls with stone hammer that's everything    

Hello. This thread helped me solve my problem so I thought I drop in to share :)

I had the same "my character feels like i'm pulling a car" problem with multicore on and stuttering with multicore off. 
Putting the game on an SSD got rid of it for me and it runs smooth now with multicore on. If you own an SSD and you don't already run the game from it it might worth a try :)

Edited by crossed

I do have a SSD but doesn't work for me....it shouldn't matter what HD you put it on anyway it shouldn't do it...besides even if.. it solve the problem not everyone has a SSD there not cheap. But thanks for the suggestion tho..Also to answer the other guys question i have a i7 2600 which is more than powerful to do the job.

Did you try with multicore on? I still have stuttering with multicore off, but the weird slowdowns are gone if I turn it on.

Anyway, I know you shouldn't have to use an SSD for a game to run smoothly, I just meant as a (hopefully) temporary solution, it looks like an older HDD can be the bottlenenck for this game...