[39.67.5] (Steam) Cooking glitch.

Shamanu

Multiplayer mode. Private server.

When you cook something you can stand nearby the container with ingredients and character will take what it said automaticly from the fridge (for example).

I've found a strange glitch: when I starts to make a salad, first ingredient comes from the fridge fine. All the ingredients do.

Yet, if there IS already one instance of the ingredient in the salad (for example you tries to put 2nd instance of tomatoes to what you cook), the ingredient took automaticly will appear as "spoiled".

Yet, you can manually take second instance of tomato from the fridge to your inventory. THEN it'll be added to your cook fine.

Summary: when you tries to put into your dish an ingredient it already present in it, it'll be taken from the fridge in a spoiled state. If you take it out manually, it'll go normal.

The issue is that when items in a stack change status (from Fresh to stale to Rotten) they don't automatically split themselves from that stack. I often find myself splitting them from the stack by expanding and collapsing each stack of items. This works for everything but the foraged berries and mushrooms which have to be split out manually and kept in separate containers or they'll just mix back into the same stack again. So if you haven't split the stacks the game will simply grab the next item in the stack when cooking which may be a stale or rotten ingredient.

13 minutes ago, Kaleidozombie said:

The issue is that when items in a stack change status (from Fresh to stale to Rotten) they don't automatically split themselves from that stack. I often find myself splitting them from the stack by expanding and collapsing each stack of items. This works for everything but the foraged berries and mushrooms which have to be split out manually and kept in separate containers or they'll just mix back into the same stack again. So if you haven't split the stacks the game will simply grab the next item in the stack when cooking which may be a stale or rotten ingredient.

Nope. That's not the case. I've specially checked up. Back up my save, does a test - all "Rotten" in result.

Restores a backup, does the same, but manually takes ingredients from the fridge - all fine. Not a single piece is "Rotten" and the meal made successfully.

Upd: also checked up the issue. Found out item not goes "Rotten" but goes one state down. "Fresh" goes stale, stale goes "Rotten"

Edited by Shamanu

• 1 month later...