New Briefs

nasKo

thurs-712x441.png

Hey everyone! Extremely short Thursdoid today since usual wordsmith Batsphinx is away, we planned on making this Thursday our full release day thus be one of the few weeks we don’t have to stress about Thursdoid, but alas there were a few more fixes we really had to squeeze in first meaning we really need to put them through the IWBUMs test before we consider a full release. Since we’re just tying up a few loose ends, and we don’t want to start discussing build 41 in detail until its out of the way, there’s not a great deal to talk about.

We’ve just released IWBUMS 40.27, which contains fixes including improvements to grass sorting to get rid of strange visual errors, hopefully fixed some rendering errors with the full screen fog effect, getting rid of rocks waving about in the wind, random tree rustles to mask zombie movement through forests, and fixed some issues with vehicle spawning – For a full changelist click over here.

We’re hoping this will be a good release candidate, so let us know how it goes! Barring no serious issues we’ll perhaps be able to release this early next week and start Operation Anims in earnest at that point! A day we’re all very excited for. Stuff is ticking over nicely with TEA and the anim system, but at this point it’s mainly them fixing a few remaining bugs and making the tools easier for Animator Martin (and future modders) to work with, so despite good progress, not a lot of meaty Thursdoid stuff to talk about. That will change when we go over to full team development though!

Will leave it there, thanks everyone! Sorry for the brief Thursdoid, normal business will resume next time!

This week’s screen is from Four-Eyes. A general list of stuff added to PZ, and vids of features being worked on, is kept here – so you don’t have to plough through endless dev blogs for info. The Centralized Block of Italicised Text would like to direct your attention to the PZ Wiki should you feel like editing or amending something, and the PZ Mailing List that can send blogs like this and patch notes direct to your mailbox. We also live on Twitter right hereOur Discord is open for chat and hijinks too.

I just saw the weather update! It looks really slick! An if I didn't know any better, I'd say y'all are gettin' a bit faster at updatin' the game! I'm excited for future content, keep up the wonderful work y'all! (Also, I don't reckon a feller could get an invite back to the TIS Discord?)