Heart Condition Trait?

DoritoS

A negative trait that rewards the player with a fairly significant amount of points, I'm thinking 8-10. It would function like the smoker trait in that the player would have to take medication periodically to main their health, let's say once daily.  If medication is not taken then you start to slowly suffer from the symptoms while becoming more ill until eventually dying. Medication could primarily spawn in pharmacies, with a lower chance to spawn in residential bathrooms and be a consumable like painkillers.

This would be an interesting idea. It is basically death but kept at bay so inattention is not a good idea. It would have to spawn on zombies as well but as a super rare chance.

But it might work out better if you gave out points on the severity of the condition.  In the times it is not take you steadily get weaker (loose a point in strength and fitness) and start having vision issues along with nausea.

4 points for a mild condition where you take 1 pill a day. Dead in 4 days if not taken.

6 points for a worse condition where you take 2 pills a day. Dead in 3 days if not taken.

8 ...................................................................  3 pills a day. Dead in two days if not taken.

10 .................................................................  4 pills a day. Dead in one day if not taken.

You get more points for the more severe the issue yet you pay for it by constantly having to find a supply. The only thing I would say is that there should be some big scores in houses as many people get 90-180 day supplies in the 90's.

I would be a bit hesitant to make the player take more than 1 pill a day because it would make it difficult to keep up with the supply in servers with rarer loot spawn. It might be a bit annoying to juggle a bunch of moodles as well. I do think a very rare chance to find them on zombies is a good idea. Losing strength and fitness temporarily also sounds great. I was having trouble deciding on symptoms.

The devs can figure all the details out. I like the geral concept though. I think some people would have serious health conditions going into the zombie apocalypse so it's realistic in that sense.

5 hours ago, DoritoS said:

The devs can figure all the details out. I like the geral concept though. I think some people would have serious health conditions going into the zombie apocalypse so it's realistic in that sense.

That I do agree with. They probably would be better at figuring that one out.