Floating cars

Bjerk

This unfortunately can happen often when cars interact with each other, such as pushing them or slamming into cars at high speeds. Currently the only way to deal with it is to push the car out of the bugged position as you did. The collisions will hopefully be fixed in the future.

Yes, until we have a different scheme in place to handle differences in the Z axis (like a traditional Z buffer), cars suspending in air is just kind of going to be a thing. 

We do plan on fixing it, though. It's just more in the "major overhaul" territory than "quick fix." Either it'll be done during or after animations. :) 

• 1 month later...

Pinning toward this thread, to not start a new one: I had experienced floating cars twice in my hosted server in 40.36 – both with the small car (one was found in the game normally, the second one I spawned in replacement of the first one). Once I exited from the car, it suddenly flipped to the roof, actually floating above the ground (you can see the shadow and/or go under it). It may be related to some kind of server lag/desync, as other players have seen a similar issue with the car I was driving, while I saw nothing wrong on my side, as long as I stayed inside.

I can normally get into the car and interact with all the elements from the inside or outside. I can move it by ramming it with another car, but I'm unable to flip it back to side. Here are the screenshots:

Screenshot from 2018-11-29 20-42-29.jpg

108600_20181130010553_1.jpg

On 12/7/2018 at 4:21 AM, Maris said:

Restart the server will help. Also you can push the car using another cat and it may help but takes time and luck.

It's a local hosted server for me, my wife and a friend, and it's all the same after multiple game restarts, restarting the PC, build updates and even restoring old saves (though in the case of the latter example, after backing up the save before that happens, so far this car behaves normally). I originally tried pushing such car with Godmode on to not to incur damages, but I didn't had luck with it. Also parking below it only moves it a little, not even trying to flip it.

• 3 weeks later...