Shiny car windows bug

Kappatao

Hello. I've been playing the latest IWBUMS build (as of 10/10/2018) version 40.25(Steam). I run windows 10 (version 1709), and a gtx 1060 6gb, ryzen 5 2600, 8gb ram. My screen resolution is 1440p (I think i'm running the game at 1080p though)

The bug/s I've noticed is that for me the recent addition of shiny windows on cars doesn't work unless post processing is switched off in the video options. (I have also noticed that rain doesn't seem to "splash" when it hits the ground, but that might just be me not knowing what to look for.) I have updated my graphcis drivers, and so can't see any reason for it not to work (I have also validated my game files), so I am assuming this is a bug, and not intended behaviour. As far as I know, the only way to reproduce the bug is essentially to switch post processing on and off, and compare the windows before and after.

Edited by Kappatao

It happens to me the same, I found this inside options.ini, changing the values and restarting behave the same with the values of true or false PerfSkybox = true PerfReflections = true

version=7
width=1024
height=768
fullScreen=true
frameRate=45
lighting=0
lightFPS=15
newRoofHiding=false
bUseShaders=false  ---------------> (post processing is OFF  ) []
bPerfSkybox=true
bPerfReflections=true

vidMem=3
bMultithreadedRendering=true
language=ES

19 hours ago, Kappatao said:

Hello. I've been playing the latest IWBUMS build (as of 10/10/2018) version 40.25(Steam). I run windows 10 (version 1709), and a gtx 1060 6gb, ryzen 5 2600, 8gb ram. My screen resolution is 1440p (I think i'm running the game at 1080p though)

The bug/s I've noticed is that for me the recent addition of shiny windows on cars doesn't work unless post processing is switched off in the video options. (I have also noticed that rain doesn't seem to "splash" when it hits the ground, but that might just be me not knowing what to look for.) I have updated my graphcis drivers, and so can't see any reason for it not to work (I have also validated my game files), so I am assuming this is a bug, and not intended behaviour. As far as I know, the only way to reproduce the bug is essentially to switch post processing on and off, and compare the windows before and after.

So, you see windows of all vehicles grey, after switching Post-processing off the windows become bright blue? 

Like this: 

2 hours ago, Kappatao said:

Yes correct Pandorea just like that. On going back and testing today, however, I've noticed that the windows work properly now, so maybe it was fixed in the last update and I hadn't noticed. Sorry for the incorrect bug post.

Sweet :)

looks like this is caused by an overcast sky with pretty uniform grey colouring and similar reflections (Hard to see in the video, but if you drive slowly, you can see some variation and movement in window reflections of other cars).