Two ways to move furniture.

Burger_Time

So, as the title says, it would be great to have two ways to move furniture.

First way is just pushing. Character simply pushes furniture to the place he wants. Speed depends on how heavy furniture is. Another players may also help you to move it. You can use this way to barricade doors/windows or if you just want to make your place look prettier. :)

The second way is to disassemble furniture, pick up it's parts and move them wherever you want. You can use this way if you want to move furniture for a big distances.

• 3 weeks later...

I really wouldn't mind being able to push furniture.

It makes sense that not everyone can disassemble a couch, but PZ right now is ridiculous in its skill requirements.

It pains me a lot how even with an increased skill/ exp modifier, I'll have to build Trumps wall just to be able to move a stupid desk... and then I still have a 45% chance to break the object.

Edited by Lexx2k

Pushing furniture is definitely something we want in the future.

It was taken out back before the game had a physics engine (cars). There was a lot of weird things that'd happen before MP was a thing, like a two-tile object breaking into two when crossing the edge of a chunk (my sofa is now two chairs!). But you were able to use them to barricade doors.etc. Similarly, you could drag a wheelie bin around for storage. 

One day, a modder's going to stumble onto that code. It's still lurking in the game files, last I checked. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I remember when this was in the game. I liked the ability to push trash cans around for moving logs, and rearranging furniture...

But I also didn't like that I accidentally moved things (broken couch mentioned above) and pushing some things took FOREVER... I mean the trash can had wheels on it for Spiffo's sake!

I do look forward to the re-implementation of this feature though.