Car Slides Like Ice After Being Lodged In a Horde of Zombies, Cannot Change Course Until Crashing Into Something [V40.18]

TurtleShroom

Good evening.

This is something I can't explain in pictures, because it's in motion. I can, however, describe it. I am also experiencing lag like I've never imagined, although I attribute that to the "Super Survivors" and my entry into a place I have not been before, which requires new Survivors to be generated. (Trying it without the "Super Survivors" enabled only caused monster lag when there were large numbers of zombies.)

1. When I summon a horde of zombies to follow me in my car (so that I may either ignite them or run them over), the occasional event in which the horde gets so big that the zombies literally stop my car happens. This is normal, and usually, my car can't move more than a few pixels for some time until I break out. That is where the problem arises.
  2. Zombie hordes keep concentrating on one side of my car, and the game clips as my car is forced in the direction the zombies are pushing. I have no control over my car until it crashes into something. It's as if my car is on black glass!
  3. When I plough into a horde of zombies and they stop me, the usual pixel-by-pixel shoving begins, but once I break out of the horde, my car suddenly lunges at full speed, as if the horde was a chain that had been broken, in the direction it was going. I cannot control, break, or reverse course into the car unless and until it crashes in some way. It's as if my car is on black glass!
  4. I should mention, BTW, that it is in November, the temperature is approximately thirty two degrees Farenheit, and it is raining.
  5. This, coupled with lag, means my car crashes into everything and the game keeps lagging, so even when I am in control, I still crash into things.

Even with all the Mods and the special Advanced Map, I never experienced any lag like this, and I've noticed a lot of change in vehicle mechanics and behavior since the IWBUMS V40.14 version. (Namely, the positive benefits are that I can run over zombies more efficiently and vehicles cause more damage to zombies.)

Is this Working As Designed, or have I encountered a bug?

Thank you for any assistance you may render.

-TURTLESHROOM

Edited by TurtleShroom

I actually do have one image. In my last test (this one without the "Super Survivors"), all of PZ actually completely froze up and I had to force the program to close. I pulled up the MS-DOS/Command Prompt window while I did this.

I snapped a picture before I did, which looks like this:

TqAyqeS.png

I hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...