Started in March

nickodemos

So started in March and the biggest issue is staying warm. Even with a down jacket I pretty much am freezing to death most times. A few times I was freezing even standing next to a lit BBQ grill inside a building.

So I was wondering if for warmth rating that smaller rooms are easier to heat up to a very warm rating while trying to warm up say a warehouse would make it only a few spaces next to the heat source being any good.

Lets say a room 8x8 can be warmed up at the outer reaches by a small amount while slowly going in warms up more. The room being larger the over all warmth would be low. In a room that is only 2x2 a heat source would/could be blazing hot so that even the coldest nights would not bother you.

Also wondered about the ability to add more to a fire instead of one at a time. Logs and lumber is not to bad but trying to add coal it takes ten clicks to use a bag. It would be nice if we could just drop the fuel on a heat source and it uses all that was dropped into it. Maybe another option on the context menu when over a heat source you get the option of one half or all, similar to the grabbing of loose items.

7 hours ago, nickodemos said:

Yes and understood about the clothes.

What about the idea of being able to drop fuel onto a heat source or expanding the context menu?

I think that's also down to the mod? We do not have coal, but logs, paper .etc can be added at any time.

Then again, there might be. I think there's either a charcoal or charcoal briquet item. 

OK. Thanks for the heads up. Been a bit since I played a vanilla game so my ideas seem a bit off.

Thanks for answering.

-edit

So if the mods that are not using the new method kinda implies that when using a mod made item I might have been running around naked.

I see the new conditions added to the base game. Is there anyehere I can can read up one what they mean? ( ConditionLowerChanceOneIn, ConditionMax, Insulation)

Reading between the lines I understand what they are but I was wondering about an official description of them.

Edited by nickodemos
Another question