Some vehicle suggestions.

Burger_Time

Hey all!

Today I'm gonna break my fingers and write suggestions about vehicles.

But before we start:

DISCLAIMER: some of ideas may already be suggested before or already planned by developers (pls don't beat me).

First of all — separated engine parts.

We shouldn't be able to repair engine by disassembling another engine for unknown parts and randomly put them in our engine. Engine is the most important part in the car, and if it's damaged, you can't just repair it. 

If you have a damaged part, your overall engine condition will fall and it will break eventually. Here's an example of some parts: oil filter, carburetor, engine pistons. 

Along with previous suggestion I think that it would be great to add motor oil and antifreeze. :)

Next suggestion is to divide car parts to more groups such as Sedan, jeep, micro bus, truck e.t.c . I.e: front door type standart, group hatchback. It will make sense because you can't actually remove trunk lid of sedan and attach it to jeep.

Third suggestion is... Different transmissions and ability to change gears.

I've already done this suggestion before, but I want it to be here also. :)

Everything is pretty simple: if your car have manual transmission and you want to drive faster, you need to change gear to a higher one. If your car have automatic transmission, you don't need to do it. However, if you want to park your car/go backwards, you need to change gear to "reverse"/parked/neutral at both situations.

Fourth suggestion — add more fuel types.

Won't write a poem here, so let's just say that cars like trucks should use diesel, standart cars like sedans should use, let's say, 95 e.t.c.

Next one — a bit different car inspection.

Character should walk around the car, inspect all the parts and then he can know their condition. However, a low leveled mechanics can know only approximate condition of a part. A person with a 0 level of mechanic skill shouldn't even know part's condition beside parts which condition you can see clearly (like doors, hoods, trunk lids).

Sixth suggestion — more details on cars.

Some details that isn't very noticeable, but will look pretty neat. I.e: smoke coming out of exhaust pipe, ability to turn on turn signals/emergency signals, wipers that increase your field of view while it's raining e.t.c.

Even more suggestions! More ways to dump our car.

Currently, we can't eff up our car that badly so it won't start anymore, so cars seem invincible.

Here's some ways to dump car I want to have :) :

If you aren't good at drifting, your car should do a barrel roll while skidding; crashing at high speed must destroy your wheels, front and some engine parts; if you good at mechanics, you should be able to break someone's brakes which can lead to funny situations; drifting should severely damage your tires.

The list may be continued!

Small suggestions list:

You should not be able to try start car if the last attemp wasn't successful and there's still a sound playing.

Zombies should be able to pull you out of the vehicle and get In vehicle through the windows.

Players' bodies shouldn't fall out the car — they should stay in a car.

That's all for today. I hope you liked it.

Пока!

Edited by Burger_Time

I was about to make a post with some car suggestions but a lot of them are already in this post.   My main one was similar to this. 

On 9/27/2018 at 10:17 AM, Burger_Time said:

Next one — a bit different car inspection.

Character should walk around the car, inspect all the parts and then he can know their condition. However, a low leveled mechanics can know only approximate condition of a part. A person with a 0 level of mechanic skill shouldn't even know part's condition beside parts which condition you can see clearly (like doors, hoods, trunk lids).

I don't see how you can open a trunk and have detailed knowledge of every part of the car.  I also don't think you should know the exact condition of a part and it should instead be a bar so it's consistent with weapons.  Some other suggestions are ability to jump start car and use wipers for increased visibility in the rain.  Another issue I have with driving is maintaining speed.   It's kinda annoying having to constantly tap "w" if you don't want to go full speed.  Instead there should be a way to control how hard we press the gas pedal.  Maybe the longer you press "w", the harder you press the gas pedal and "s" slowly releases it.   Double tapping "w" or "s" can instantly press/release it all the way.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...