Car Parts Breaking Incorrectly

Shinjitsu noDeshi

Taking tires off of vehicles sometimes gives you the "pa-TING" breaking sound, and the durability of the tire goes down. This happened across multiple vehicle types - police cruiser (Chevalier Nyala),  Fossoil truck (Chevalier D6),  Chevalier Primani, Masterson Horizon.

I am at Mechanic skill 1 (half way to 2), and checking the tire info box before trying to remove it shows that there should be no chance of breakage. When a break does happen, a 1% durability loss to the tire occurs.

Battery, radio, and headlights (also reporting perfect chance) have no issues installing or uninstalling.

Update -

At mechanic skill 2+ seats were doing the same thing.

At mechanic skill 3+ windows were doing the same.

All previous breakages still occur even at higher levels. e.g. Tires are still randomly breaking at skill 3+.

The only installed mod is the position mod.

Shin

Edited by Shinjitsu noDeshi

• 4 months later...

The issue isn't whether it's a bug or not, low or high priority.

It's that it was reported months ago - during the vehicle build - with reproducible steps, and it wasn't even acknowledged as an issue or not. If the QA team can't be bothered to say "Yep, got it" or, "Working as intended", or even "Nope, can't work on it now." then we're wasting our time reporting bugs. We are helping you guys out by identifying defects.

BTW, 100% chance of something occurring, by definition means it's going to occur.

While I agree with some of your points Shin, especially as it can be annoying as hell to see bugs seemingly being ignored, they will get to it, I don't doubt it. Either after animations with hotfixes, or after all the major features are in the game in an attempt to polish the game and fix as many bugs as possible. If they were/are never fixed then I'd be on your side completely.

The bug tracker will be there forever for TIS to go completely through in its polishing state. Even Lemmy said after NPCs it'll be 100% bug fixing. This bug may be fixed sooner or later but I have no reason to doubt they'll fix it.

If you've seen the video Lemmy posted of the game currently essentially broken in the animation build, right now they're very busy with getting that released and playable.

Edited by MadDan2013

4 hours ago, Shinjitsu noDeshi said:

The issue isn't whether it's a bug or not, low or high priority.

It's that it was reported months ago - during the vehicle build - with reproducible steps, and it wasn't even acknowledged as an issue or not. If the QA team can't be bothered to say "Yep, got it" or, "Working as intended", or even "Nope, can't work on it now." then we're wasting our time reporting bugs. We are helping you guys out by identifying defects.

BTW, 100% chance of something occurring, by definition means it's going to occur.

There's no "QA team." There's Sasha, myself, and a few volunteer testers from the community.

And no, neither of us have time to go through every single post on each community then reply. Even if we did, we'd just increase the likelihood of someone throwing a little tantrum when we tell them their special, long-running issue might not be our focus for the moment - maybe weeks, months, even years. 

Don't think I'm not thankful for you reporting it or bringing it to our attention again (things do slip through the cracks from time to time). I do get it.  After all, I've got a laundry list of my own bugs and issues with the game, many of which have lingered for a very long time, that no one has time to address or can't be released. It's like this for everyone.