[Event Ended] MegaTest VI - IWBUMS Weather, Chat][E

EnigmaGrey

The Event is Now Over

It's that time again.

Spiffospace IWBUMS has been updated to the latest IWBUMS build and needs some heavy testin'. Thirty keys will be handed out to those that stick around for half an hour or so.

If you're not on the IWBUMS version of the game, get it here:  follow the instructions here.

Join the official Spiffospace server by finding it on the in-game server list.

IMPORTANT INFO WE NEED:

Please report any buginess, crashes, etc that you find here in this thread. This test is to check on multiplayer stability and general playability of the build. Any feedback you guys can leave for us here would be much appreciated!

To Get Your Key

Direct Message me (EnigmaGrey) with a screenshot of the Players list (ESC -> Players, while in-game)  with your name visible, after the event is over.

9DAA365F98C8660AA6F21312B0CBDACB46489EDD

This house is completely devoid of loot, any kind of loot. Not even the stuff most people leave (belts, newspapers, books) is left. Might be a bit of a bug or just a randomly completely empty house. Furniture is there, so it's not like it's a "moving" house.

*edit* The small garage to the left of it does have loot again.

Edited by GHawkins

The event is now over, everyone. Thanks for your  participation -- we found a really good (bad?) bug involving player logins, some lag when moving around in the fog, and a bunch of other little things. :D

Good test, though I'm sorry more couldn't join us. There'll be others to come.

Please message me here, on the forum, with a screenshot if you managed to get into the server.

Thanks!!! First have problems to enter to server.
Next: The server chunk loading issue makes me run like a crazy man to escape from Zeds! Tried to reenter 2 times (To figure out if a latency problem) Not latency i think.
First time i can re-enter but only loading the same chunk, second try to re-enter to the server have a bad problems to loggin again. (Password / P2P issue)
Sorry about my language i speak spanish.

I had some weird lag at times even when I was in areas that I doubt anyone else was near (not the occasional chunk loading lag), but other than that (and finding out snow kills my framerate) I didn't have any issues that haven't cropped up before.

in regards to getting more people for the testing, maybe some more warning before it starts could help.  tell us a day or two before that the test will be on such and such day starting at such and such time.  I knew the megatest was coming up but had no idea when and even though I check the forums multiple times a day I still didn't see this thread until it had been up for two hours.

4 minutes ago, thejoker954 said:

I had some weird lag at times even when I was in areas that I doubt anyone else was near (not the occasional chunk loading lag), but other than that (and finding out snow kills my framerate) I didn't have any issues that haven't cropped up before.

in regards to getting more people for the testing, maybe some more warning before it starts could help.  tell us a day or two before that the test will be on such and such day starting at such and such time.  I knew the megatest was coming up but had no idea when and even though I check the forums multiple times a day I still didn't see this thread until it had been up for two hours.

Just as well that i didn't, given only 10 people could get on at a time.

Imagine if a few hundred were eagerly waiting?

There'll always be others. We'll have to test fixes for what's broken today, as is.

I missed the event but I managed to log in afterwards after I got back from picking up my online grocery order. I hope that for the next event real life isn't keeping me busy with other things. I've noticed some strange behavior from the AI I haven't seen before. One zombie kept climbing in and out of a window until I approached. It's like they started chasing me and then just got stuck on the window until I got close again. I wasn't even that far away from them. Normally they give chase even with the dumbest zombies. Another zombie forgot I was there and started attacking a kitchen counter when I pushed them into it. They only acknowledged my presence when I attacked them. Pushing them again repeated the behavior. I'm not sure if this is AI behavior that was there in the past or if this is something new because this is the first time I've seen it. Also, inside buildings some rooms are very dark even with the lights on. Some rooms are like that until you stand in just the right spot and then the whole room lights up. The rest of the rooms seem fine when the lights are on.

I jumped in just a bit ago and during that time I tried to access the trunk of a van and instead of opening the back of the van to let me access the storage space I was put into the driver's seat. I had to use the vehicle wheel menu to open the door and access the container. If I just tried to access the back of the van using any other method I was throw into the driver's seat.