Did zombie just got buffed?

jamesorbe0

This might be incorrect, but wooden planks have a "health" which impacts how much damage they can take from a Zed before they'll break it permanently.

As such, it might have been that your planks (two isn't really that much given you can barricade four on either side - I think anyway, might be more) were just weak prior to being used and gave in quite easily as a result of that.

If zombies have been buffed/barricade mechanics changed then this could be wrong.

Zombies are definitely different in IWBUMS (imo) and are more resistant to being run over..my settings on my server are default for zombies. I've driven thru zombies who miraculously continue to stand when hit at high speed. Or running over a crowd of zombies and how they just appear on the side of the car. Also with a car tire on a zombies head.. the zombie appears to float over the ground for a second or so.. then is on the ground then, crushing commences.

6 hours ago, MaxZorin44456 said:

This might be incorrect, but wooden planks have a "health" which impacts how much damage they can take from a Zed before they'll break it permanently.

As such, it might have been that your planks (two isn't really that much given you can barricade four on either side - I think anyway, might be more) were just weak prior to being used and gave in quite easily as a result of that.

If zombies have been buffed/barricade mechanics changed then this could be wrong.

I played on sandbox i forgot if i set my player construction to high or very high which means my barricade should have extra health points and my planks are fresh from logs so its on full health when i use it as barricade and dont forget that the zombie also destroys the door if this happens before on stable the results is probably different and i also have the handy trait

The Handy trait adds HP to constructions. Maybe you had it before and now you don't?

As far as zombies being run over, I've never had much success with it. I can get a car up to full speed (with speed buffing trait) and run into very small groups and lose almost all my speed while dealing little damage to the zombies. Most often it seems to do nothing other than knock them around or makes them crawlers.

5 hours ago, Flukey said:

Zombies are definitely different in IWBUMS (imo) and are more resistant to being run over..my settings on my server are default for zombies. I've driven thru zombies who miraculously continue to stand when hit at high speed. Or running over a crowd of zombies and how they just appear on the side of the car. Also with a car tire on a zombies head.. the zombie appears to float over the ground for a second or so.. then is on the ground then, crushing commences.

running down zombies is hit or miss (hur hur hur) some I can kill at low speed, others need high speed, some seem impervious.  some need to be killed from a certain direction,and I've never been able to kill a zombie that's on the ground no matter how I try to run it over. 

2 hours ago, thejoker954 said:

running down zombies is hit or miss (hur hur hur) some I can kill at low speed, others need high speed, some seem impervious.  some need to be killed from a certain direction,and I've never been able to kill a zombie that's on the ground no matter how I try to run it over. 

The wheel needs to make contact with the zombie to kill it while its downed.

On 2018-09-24 at 2:24 PM, thejoker954 said:

I kill huge herds of zombies with car anywhere from 100 z's to 1000 z's. In fact, I love it (the best is my car will still look brand new). In 3 in-game months with my character he's killed over 16K z's, mostly by car.... so trust me I have it to an 'art'. However like I said on IWBUMS version, many times to often, you run zombies who are not beyond the limits of your hood width and yet they squeeze out somehow and appear near the drivers window. This does not happen in 39.67.5 as much as it does in IWBUMS. In IWBUMS you can have zombies seemingly standing in the middle of your car while you run them over. 40.xx like in build 39.xx, z's continue to float initially after running them over and the odd z get's f'd up when run over.. standing doing the jig... I have absolutely no problem killing crawlers... for me those are the easiest.

Archived