Desk Cannot Be Picked Up, Moved, or Disassembled [V40.16]

TurtleShroom

Good afternoon.

KXMCrHm.png

Enough said.

This desk, like all PZ furniture that I know of, is from the Vanilla rendition of "Project Zomboid". Unlike most other types of desks and tables, I cannot disassemble, pick up, rotate, or otherwise alter or relocate the desk by any means except the Sledgehammer. This is not the first time I have encountered furniture like this.

Thank you.

-TURTLESHROOM

On 9/19/2018 at 5:37 PM, TurtleShroom said:

This desk, like all PZ furniture that I know of, is from the Vanilla rendition of "Project Zomboid". Unlike most other types of desks and tables, I cannot disassemble, pick up, rotate, or otherwise alter or relocate the desk by any means except the Sledgehammer. This is not the first time I have encountered furniture like this....

interestingly enough I had something similar happen to me last night. I had a metal wall shelf that I had looted somewhere that I had hung up.  was doing some remodeling and attempted to take it down but had no option to no matter what tools I had on hand, I had to destroy it to finish my remodel. 

On 9/21/2018 at 11:33 AM, Pandorea said:

All works...Does your char have a hammer/stone hammer in their main inventory? How about carpentry skill level? (needs to be lvl 2-3, iirc)

Selecting disassemble via Pick up > Disassemble will highlight the tools required; RMC > Disassemble > Office desk - will not. 

Hope this helps :)

Yes, I've tried it with hammers and saws. Yes, I've used the actual Pick Up and Disassemble tools. No, the thing can't be picked up or disassembled.

7 hours ago, TurtleShroom said:

Yes, I've tried it with hammers and saws. Yes, I've used the actual Pick Up and Disassemble tools. No, the thing can't be picked up or disassembled.

Interesting. 

(From completely fictional PZ QA Manual ;) ) Step 1:  do you have any MODs? If so, could you disable them and try again? 

Step 2: where exactly are you on the map? I'll check out that specific location.

@Pandorea

Pandorea, I am on an advanced Map that combines the Maps of most of the projects uploaded to the Steam Workshop. Consequently, the area I am in is, unfortunately, custom made.

HOWEVER, every Map that was added to the Map I am playing used only Vanilla rendition Sprites. IIRC, I'm in Bedford Falls on the Advanced Map, so if you run Bedford Falls and spawn there, you'll see it.

Edited by TurtleShroom

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/28/2018 at 4:45 AM, Pandorea said:

Interesting. 

(From completely fictional PZ QA Manual ;) ) Step 1:  do you have any MODs? If so, could you disable them and try again? 

Step 2: where exactly are you on the map? I'll check out that specific location.

That office desk, in particular, hasn't had any movable interaction. I reported it a while back, but with so many similar furniture to that model it would be pretty easy to fly under the radar.

It's that exact model as well as the corner variant of it. All locations where it can be found.

On 10/7/2018 at 8:47 AM, Kim Jong Un said:

That office desk, in particular, hasn't had any movable interaction. I reported it a while back, but with so many similar furniture to that model it would be pretty easy to fly under the radar.

It's that exact model as well as the corner variant of it. All locations where it can be found.

Hm, ok, thank you for the intel ;)

@Pandorea
Not the right properties in:
location_business_office_generic_01_0
location_business_office_generic_01_1
--------------------------------------------
location_business_office_generic_01_5
location_business_office_generic_01_6
location_business_office_generic_01_8
location_business_office_generic_01_10