Shelves Have No Stocked Sprite [V40.16]

TurtleShroom

Good afternoon.

LgEUtxy.png

Enough said. I am using Mods (particularly "Hydro Craft") and a Map overhaul, but none of the Furniture or graphics are overwritten by either. That means these shelves are glitching in the Vanilla rendition. The shelves, regardless of how full they are, are always shown to be empty. That means they are missing the Sprites that change the shelf when something is sitting on it.

What, if anything, can be done to fix this?

Thank you.

-TURTLESHROOM

Edited by TurtleShroom

try without mods enabled. the more variables you have the more likely an issue will crop up and the less likely someone can help you.  just because something isn't "overwritten" doesn't mean it won't cause glitches with something else.

Edited by thejoker954
fixed mispelling

And if you have loot respawn, know that container overlays only appear when that chunk (the area you're standing in) is reloaded when you walk away and come back. They don't happen if you're standing beside it and loot respawn triggers. 

My default position when it comes to mods is 

if (problem  AND modsInstalled) then
removeMods()

Ideally you'd try this on a new game, as if you try and previous game without mods, those modded items will vanish.

You really can't assume that they don't interfere with the base game in some way. I get that it's annoying to try without, but it's an important step. ;)

@EnigmaGrey

I think those are the same type of shelves, but colored differently. The post you quoted pointed to a Mod that a user named Snake created to fix Vanilla rendition shelves with no Sprites representing something on them. The shelves from the Map Mod I am using are Vanilla rendition Sprites. I know this because every Map on the Advanced Map uses Sprites from the Vanilla rendition, because that's more or less all there is.

Edited by TurtleShroom

Okay, I wasn't taking this as literal as I probably should have. I had assumed you meant that these shelves had an overlay previously that no longer showed up.

It's more that these shelves don't have overlays at all, but they in a mod?

Either way, will see if I can't find em and see in-game. :)