What Role WIll Fort Knox Have In The Game?

Kennethdio

I know that the only reason why Project Zomboid is in an area of Kentucky that nobody cares about is because of Fort Knox, it might even become a selling point. But, how special will Fort Knox be? Is it going to be another generic looting area? Your one stop shop for guns and ammo? Or maybe when NPC's come out, it'll operate like an actual base and gun down zombies and survivors alike? Any ideas guys?

I find it strange how there's little mention of Fort Knox in the TV and radio broadcasts in-game. However, there are mentions of secret military camps and field laboratories with scientists and hazmat teams. Maybe Fort Knox is the origin of these camps, a military hub that also serves as the front line for whatever health/biohazard group is operating within the Exclusion Zone. Maybe Fort Knox will even hold secrets about the outbreak.

On 9/20/2018 at 1:38 AM, Brex said:

I find it strange how there's little mention of Fort Knox in the TV and radio broadcasts in-game. However, there are mentions of secret military camps and field laboratories with scientists and hazmat teams. Maybe Fort Knox is the origin of these camps, a military hub that also serves as the front line for whatever health/biohazard group is operating within the Exclusion Zone. Maybe Fort Knox will even hold secrets about the outbreak.

Fort Knox isn't mentioned directly, but it does seem like it'll play a fairly big role for the future of the backstory. 

SPOILERS

Spoiler

On day 2 (reported on day 4), Fort Knox is abandoned and the quarantined cells unlocked with all the soldiers gone.

I think it'll probably have some part to play in the story once NPCs are in, but it's hard to say right now. The devs have also said military vehicles won't be added until Fort Knox and NPCs are ready to go in. 

Archived