Most Interesting Deaths

Kaleidozombie

One of my early characters was just loved by the ladies. Ended up getting my groin chewed up by a female zombie. Ran away for awhile and bandaged up in middle of the highway on the west side of Muldragh, but lost a lot of blood. I took cover inside the big motel as I had no where else to go. The horde was following me and at any moment they'd be pounding on the door. I went to check the window to see about escape. Right as I approached, 3 female zombies bashed in through the window, jumped in, and tore me to shreds. I don't remember more details to make it more interesting, but it did make it into a Mondoid Post years ago.

ive died from fractured legs plenty of times (carpentry is a dangerous job). my most recent though was poor old Jimmy Sanders. He lived for a total of 1 month 5 days and 9 hours taking 880 Zombies with him to the grave. During this time he built two houses in the woods and kept a single van going through lots of off roading and many crashes. in the his last few days he ventured into muldraugh in search of a hidden stash, he didnt find it but he did find a giant horde and promtly burnt it and the near by church untill nothing was left. it was late and i was so exhausted i couldnt see more than i tile or so (hence the van luring), i parked up in a petrol station and tried to catch a few hours sleep. woke up to a zombie clawing me through the missing drivers window (i was also missing the windscreen and passenger window). I showed him what for but it was too late for poor Jimmy. Queasiness soon kicked in and it was time to go out swinging. 

only problem, id already killed all the local zombies so i opted to off my self. 6 houses and a motel later i found the bleach and downed it in one, but it didnt touch the sides. after a frantic search i found no more bleach so opted for trusty old gravity to finish the job. having successfully launched myself from an upstairs window he rose once more but this time in the hunt for brains.

dead.jpg

horde.jpg

Me and a friend of mine had a little co-op game way back when it just came out.

We both woke in our respective homes, me the fireman in his great family house, and Pete the burger flipper in his trailer house in the trailer park. We wandered and wandered to no avail, we were both exhausted and just about to give up when a soldier decided to go out guns blazin' nearby, in the mass confusion and the hordes of zombies we found each other panicked and afraid we barged into a nearby house and wished for the best. On the top of a shelf pete found a shotgun with a few bucks left for it he grabbed it quickly and asked for my saw. Few moments later that was the last I'd seen from him. 

It's a stupid one, but it was educational: chopped up by shirtless Frenchmen a few years ago. I was on a server living downtown in a few fortified buildings in Bedford w/ the stairs knocked out - good number of players and factions. One day, 2 French dudes armed w/ axes w/ no shirts starting tearing up the place and they eventually started chopping into my fortifications. Note that I'm upstairs w/ a full ORGM arsenal. So, I actually climb downstairs and open up w/ a weak handgun *near them.*  :x So of course I'm axed to death. I log in w/ my alt after letting a buddy know that I'm being attacked. My alt spawns in, runs to the base, climbs up, and confronts the bad guys w/ a shotgun...*click* Forgot to reload. SMH Alt is axed to death. My buddy finally arrives but...he forgot an f'in gun. One French dude died from my shots but came back so that they could trash my rooftop farm, crap everywhere (an awful mod from years ago), and attract a horde to surround the place. I was able to get back in and thought the whole thing was pretty funny, pathetic as it was. 

I was up on the rooftop of one of those warehouses chucking cocktails and spraying bullets down at the hordes of zombies shuffling towards me. The warehouse and street below was somewhat barricaded with sandbags and boards helping to slow them down. After a while, they broke through and entered the building slowly creeping up the stairs. I looked back toward the door making sure it was still barricaded and my sheet rope escape near it was still there. I stayed there for a little while longer emptying my gun and tossing the last few bottles I had before equipping my axe and dashing toward the exit. Just as expected the zombies burst through the door at that moment and I had to shove an axe my way through. When I had enough space between me and them I made my getaway climbing down the sheet rope. Well, there was supposed to be a rope there. When I got down the agony and fracture icons appeared. The zombies gathered around the area all excitedly jumped me and started doing their thing.  I fought as much as I could, but I didn't have the strength or speed to escape anymore so I died.

My Life:

You guys died in honor. That was not my case. I have started a  fortress with log walls, and i was about to decorate it with several floors, posters and a lot of things i took in houses. I had also a big garden, life was good... I have done everything to survive more than a year. And most important thing: My overweighted trait was about to vanish in approximately 2 days!!! 1 month of sport + diet wasted, poor guy he was so close! Mom would have been proud of you son... :-(

Spoiler

screenshot_18-09-2018_20-21-30.thumb.png.d279d6f534b3e8795cfe1c596e771c33.png

My Death:

It was raining so i went in my barricaded outpost. There were 2 ways to get in there: sheet ropes on 2 windows. And well, i was reading, and i heard some hand banging noise on a door/barricade. I watch at one of the windows with sheet ropes: I see nothing. So i get out and AAAAAAAAAaaaa! *BOM* I was at the feets of the zombie that cut my sheet rope. I was just laughing out loud for 15 minutes right in front of this epic fail! :lol:

At least, i'm not zombified hehehehehe! :P

Spoiler

screenshot_19-09-2018_12-06-03.thumb.png.4040c8ec4068a3659788e042a5df6c7a.png

Lesson:

You can't see the tile just under your window. I don't know for you, but this is a trauma: I will NEVER use sheet ropes anymore! NE-VER!

This one isn't really as funny, but it is a lesson I want everyone to know.

I die fast and often in PZ. The longest I lasted with Guaranteed Mortality on was just over a month. Sick of losing my character over and over again, I turned off Guaranteed Mortality but set zombie effects on player Health to maximum, guaranteeing that any bite would automatically get me sick.

I learned through experience that sickness isn't much to fear if you have food, so the game got a lot easier. That's when I learned that you are still no match for a horde of zombies without a gun.

Twice.

The lesson? Don't let your guard down or think PZ is easy when you turn off Guaranteed Mortality from a bite. You can still get your butt whooped six ways to Sunday if the zombie ranks climb too high. I have come so close to death that I got Critical Injuries several times.

ALSO, NEVER SET DOWN YOUR SECONDARY-EQUIPPED BAG OF EMERGENCY SUPPLIES. IT ONLY TAKES A FEW BITES OR BLEEDING SCRATCHES TO BRING YOU DOWN WITHIN A GAME HOUR .

On 19/09/2018 at 12:53 PM, CTN Phaco said:

You can't see the tile just under your window. I don't know for you, but this is a trauma: I will NEVER use sheet ropes anymore! NE-VER!

That's why I use the right click and never the keyboard. If there's no "remove the sheet rope" option, I don't climb out.

It can be usefull for this type of action with some height, but still i'll never use sheetropes anymore! And when i'm using the right click options i'm the king of the missclicks so...  :-D

And when you are running with a horde just behind you the E key can save your life, right-clicking on a fence/window is too long.

• 1 month later...

Building a second story is one of my more common deaths. ive lost count how many times ive been laying a floor and walked straight off the edge. Broken legs are not fun. ive died so many times from broken legs. i took to carry a leg repair bag full of splints and food. even a few poultices. still died.

i was normally carring 40+ weight of wood when it happened

Archived