Various things I think should be added to the game

Stormc12

I have a few things I think the game could use, but putting them all in separate posts would probably end up cluttering the forum, so I’ll put the ideas down here.

1. Desire Paths - Players using the same route enough times should cause the grass to die and be replaced with dirt, forming a pathway. It’d work perfectly with the erosion system, and would also potentially lead other survivors to wherever your hideout is...

2. Ladders - I’m sure these are already being made, but it won’t hurt to mention them. Ladders are something that will definitely come in handy. There’s be a stationary ladder that’s fixed to the sides of buildings (a couple of places in game already have unususable ladders on them, usually in the back) along with movable folding ladders that could potentially be used to also build and repair roofs.

3. Being Able to Move on Water Tiles - I’m sure this one could be accomplished easily enough by having a simple system judge the depth based on how far the water tile is from the nearest “ground” tile. Shallow water would have characters wading slowly, while deep water will have characters swimming (along with risking being drowned from too much supplies being carried and/or exhaustion) while zombies would be able to move along the bottom of deep rivers and lakes since they don’t exactly need to breathe.

As more ideas come along, I’ll no doubt end up updating this post. Tell me what you all thing of what I came up with!