Car Error (Build 39 & 40)

Luxus Zigard

Hello, I have commented this error before, but it was not in right place, so I return to comment here if someone happens too.

When I drive a car a few kilometres the car is completely blocked (I think it happens when the map makes a load or saved). When this happens, I cannot turn on/off the lights, raise/lower the windows, honk the horn... etc. I can't even turn off the engine! And usually all the cars around me disappear.

It's strange, but the other players can see the actions I do in the car. When they join me in the car, they see me colliding with the cars I don't see, and I don't get any damage.

This happens to me both in the current version and in the 40. Normally, when I walk away and return a few minutes later, the error is fixed, others not.

Here I share the console file of the last game I played on your server. It's happened to me a couple of times.

Thanks a lot.

Luxus

console.txt

Let's just try getting a new copy of the game;

In Steam, right click PZ and go into properties

In the Local Files tab, press the Local Files button

This'll be your Project Zomboid folder. Delete everything in here.

Now, back in the Local Files tab, press the Verify ... button.

Steam will download a fresh copy of the game.

Don't use Steam's Uninstall feature. It'll often leave bits of things behind.

I did what you told me, but the problem persists. It seems that it always happens when there is a load of many Zombos. Maybe the fault is the memory of my PC...:( But in the Solo Modo does'nt happen this error... so I do not know what can be the fault.

I'm sharing the console.txt file of my last game again, this time on a private server.

Thanks

console.txt

Edited by Luxus Zigard

Could you put the attached file into the ProjectZomboid/zombie/vehicles/ directory and drive around until you see a bunch of messages like this appearing in the console, then post the console.txt file here?

1536603771657 ERROR: VehicleCache.vehicleUpdate() mapXY.get()=null for:
    id=255 ax,ay,az=361.2866,399.68823,0.18985684 wx,wy=36,39
    v.x,v.y=361.35736,400.22427 vehicle_wx,vehicle_wy=36,40
1536603772258 ERROR: VehicleCache.vehicleUpdate() mapXY.get()=null for:
    id=255 ax,ay,az=359.97345,396.25452,0.1946713 wx,wy=35,39
    v.x,v.y=360.21112,396.90894 vehicle_wx,vehicle_wy=36,39

VehicleCache.class

I played again on a server with version 39 and with the file you gave me, but the car I drive does'nt produce the usual error. Although after playing for a while, all the cars around me have disappeared except mine, again after zombie load. Here I pass the text document, I see some strange errors at the beginning of the load of the server, but I do not see the Error that you commented on no side.

Thanks again and sorry for the inconvenience.

console.txt

EDIT: I added a second "console.txt". Is a log from your server and with the file vehicleCache.class replaced. The car blocks again, and when I get down it dissapier. With differents errors in console I think.

console.txt

Edited by Luxus Zigard
More content

The issues you're getting make no sense to me, which usually means "not enough memory" or "antivirus/firewall interference".

How much RAM does your computer have?  I know your graphics card has 2GB from reading the console.txt file.

To see if memory is the issue, try these Display settings:

Resolution = 1280x720

3D models = Player only

3D corpses = No

Texture compression = Yes

Double-sized textures = No

New Roof-Hiding = No

In the Audio settings:

Enable VOIP = No

I have 4GB of RAM (3 ' 88 usable), but why in solo mode don't happen this error?

I tested your server (V40) with that configuration and everything is much more fluid. I thought that was the solution, but when I went into Riverside has happened to me again... Although this time the cars around have'nt disappeared.

I only have the Windows Defender activated... I don't think he's the culprit, right?

File attachment.

console.txt

Edited by Luxus Zigard

• 2 weeks later...

The same mistake over and over again. I tried your server in the build 40.17 and it also happens. I don't understand this. With that bug I managed to duplicate a car key! This is my favorite game and I am very sorry that I can't play well.

I don't know why it works well on solo player.

Here attached the console. txt again.

Please help me to solve this problem.

Thanx :(

console.txt

Everything has to happen to me.

Yes, I bought the game a year ago, in build 36 I think, through Steam. Before the cars I never had failures.

Today I have reached 400 hours playing Zomboid ... and I need to solve this to continue playing my favorite game.

Any recommendation? I have tried to optimize my computer to the maximum, but the failure persists.

Try this:

-Switch to the IWBUMS build

-Go to %ProgramFiles(X86)%\Steam\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid and delete the \zombie\ directory

-Go to %userProfile%\Zomboid\mods and delete the loaded.txt file

-Go to Properties -> Local Files -> and press the verify button to download a fresh copy of the game

Don't re-enable any mods.

Then try joining Spiffospace: Canada. Let me know when you're on (assuming you have time now).

I'd like to see what happens when you're on the server, driving around, from my side. This'll also ensure that EP's changes have been removed. It also means that those mods won't be taking up your RAM.

9 minutes ago, Luxus Zigard said:

And now... two error connections: Incorrect Password Server and P2P conection server

PZ_pass_error.PNG.510fde3cee0593e3a52bd4c7ccde15a8.PNGPZ_p2p_error.PNG.ebe705607d9db44ba5216d4b8c912aa0.PNG

I've restarted the server. It should let you on now. Looks like this is a bug with the new build that we just discovered. Bad luck for the both of us. :D

But it's fixed by restarting. So, it should work now.