I need help on 2 things.

turkler

Question

Every time I launch the game, it's shuffling my home screen icons and emptying the bottom row. Also, my monitor is 1440 x 900 (And yes, I'm sure of it. All of my other games run at 1440 x 900 perfectly fine and have issues above it) and when I change the resolution to that, my monitor says ''MODE NOT SUPPORTED'' So I did some research, (I'm not too into tech) and I think my framerate or resolution is too high. Now, I know for a fact that my monitor is 1440 x 900 as it literally is on the box and any experiment I can do yields said result, and am currently suspecting nothing. Any help?

EDIT: Just refunded the game, probably gonna buy it again if I get an anwser but I'm not too positive, all these hours and I only got a reaction.

3 answers to this question

From what I know, the shuffling icons usually happens when a game is set to a resolution that is different than the native resolution, which in your case the game doesnt handle the resolution well and it messes up your desktop.

You could try some of the fixes in this post on Steam:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/108600/discussions/0/1696049513774306284/

You could also try going to C:\Users\YourUsername\Zomboid
Open the "options.ini" file
The 2nd and 3rd line in there is the resolution.
You can change the settings to:

width=1440

height=900

Hope t his helps.

3 hours ago, Beard said:

From what I know, the shuffling icons usually happens when a game is set to a resolution that is different than the native resolution, which in your case the game doesnt handle the resolution well and it messes up your desktop.

You could try some of the fixes in this post on Steam:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/108600/discussions/0/1696049513774306284/

You could also try going to C:\Users\YourUsername\Zomboid
Open the "options.ini" file
The 2nd and 3rd line in there is the resolution.
You can change the settings to:

width=1440

height=900

Hope t his helps.

Just tried it, doesn't work sadly.

Archived