[IWBUMS Build 40 Test Server] SpiffoSpace: Weather

Batsphinx

The Community Bug Hunt Returns: This Time It's Stormy

The time has come to shake down the new admin features, weather effects and car improvements of Build 40!

Post feedback, videos, and screenshots of bugs and other annoying issues on the server in this thread and help us track 'em down. :)

Just find it on the server list and join up.

image.png23391-vehicles-test-server-spiffospace-v

Note: If you're not on the IWBUMS beta, then get it here.

Not for the weary

Build 40 may still be unstable. There will almost certainly be crashes / lag issues that we'll need to sort over the coming weeks, so some patience is required. Though we'll try to keep the server up as long as possible and avoid resets or the loss of player data, it may happen. 

Settings

Bog-standard survival, aside from loot respawn, three hour days, and gas consumption set to 0.5. Power/water outage happens after 45 days.

Mods

POS - just disables the coordinates on upper let hand corner of the screen, for debug purposes. If you find an error with the map or a specific building, be sure to include the coordinates!

Rule(s)

Forum rules apply, principle rule being "Be Lovely."

The admin staff reserves the right to remove access for anyone that violates this core principle.

not sure if intentional or not, but all vehicles (I tried{6-7}) act as if you have the key for them.  and I was trying to sleep in a car when I was alone on the server and time did not speed up. 

Performance seems better than the last time I was on SpiffoSpace server, but that might just be because its fresh.  Vehicles feel a LOT better than the last time I was on Spiffo, and I'm liking the new chat ui.

11 minutes ago, thejoker954 said:

not sure if intentional or not, but all vehicles (I tried{6-7}) act as if you have the key for them.  and I was trying to sleep in a car when I was alone on the server and time did not speed up. 

Performance seems better than the last time I was on SpiffoSpace server, but that might just be because its fresh.  Vehicles feel a LOT better than the last time I was on Spiffo, and I'm liking the new chat ui.

Yes, I might have left easy vehicles on. Enjoy it while it lasts. :D

8 minutes ago, thejoker954 said:

Vehicles are currently in easy use (ie: key spawns in the glovebox for all vehicles, and you dont need to move that key to your inventory)

As for the sleep, you weren't alone on the server. Enigma was on for a bit, as was I (i was on for around 30 minutes before you disconnected, so if you tried in that time you weren't alone)

a few things I noticed while playing tonight, I was in a park ranger truck and logged out.  when I logged back on later its visuals changed to the gas company truck.  after a quick relogin it was back to being a ranger truck.  I also came across an unkillable zombie that got stuck in an about to fall down loop and every time I hit it with my ax I got the blood spray of a kill (all other zombies died properly).  It also seems like you can't kill crawling zombies by driving over them (at least I couldn't)

Hi guys,

I want to thank the work you are doing and to congratulate you on the progress you have achieved in version 40. I've been playing for over 300 hours and I don't get tired of further exploring the vast map of Project Zomboid.

But since the vehicles have appeared, I have a small problem that prevents me from enjoying myself quietly.

Only when I play online. Sometimes (normally), when I drive a car for a while, he crashes and prevents me from performing actions (turn on the lights, down/up windows, etc.), not even turn off the engine! But the funny thing is that the other players can see the changes that I do. Also, many times disappear the cars loaded in a cell and the other players see how collide with them without any damage. And, to top it all, when this happens, I can't hurt the Zombos with the car either.

Normally, when I restart the server or when I travel to another cell and return, the error is fixed.

Today I tested the server you have to test version 40, in the hope that the error had disappeared, but still persists.

I commented here because I have not seen anyone who passes this error.

Did you know this mistake? Do you know what the cause of this error can be?
Thank you in advance, and excuse my poor English.

Again, congratulations. Cordial Greetings.
Edited by Luxus Zigard

Oh, I didn't know this method, I'm sorry. This is the record of the last game played, right?

Right here I have the last record on your server. I have the problem I commented before with three different cars in the short time I have played (all I have found had key… ;) ).

Maybe this can be useful.

Thankyou very much EnigmaGrey.

console.txt

Yeah, there's definitely something going on there.

Lots and lots of

java.lang.NullPointerException
    at zombie.vehicles.VehicleCache.vehicleUpdate(VehicleCache.java:29)
    at zombie.vehicles.VehicleManager.clientReceiveUpdate(VehicleManager.java:845)
    at zombie.vehicles.VehicleManager.clientPacket(VehicleManager.java:1150)
    at zombie.network.GameClient.mainLoopDealWithNetData(GameClient.java:876)
    at zombie.network.GameClient.update(GameClient.java:304)
    at zombie.GameWindow.logic(GameWindow.java:598)
    at zombie.GameWindow.run(GameWindow.java:1312)
    at zombie.GameWindow.maina(GameWindow.java:1088)
    at zombie.gameStates.MainScreenState.main(MainScreenState.java:182)

@EnigmaGrey

I have updated Java if the error was that, but I have again the same when I played on your server (you've seen me ;) ). What can I do? I also uninstalled the game and re-installed, but still the same :( . As you've told me on the server, I'm the only person who's got this error. 

Thanks again for the help.

Best regards.

EDIT: This post is in a wrong place, the thread on this problem continues here.
Edited by Luxus Zigard
Wrong place to this post

Is the campgrounds on the east side of the map (12436x8943) supposed to have power? I brought a lamp I picked up from the trailer park there and I could turn it on. ( I do have a generator but it wasn't hooked up and I didn't have any fuel in it.

::Edit::

Also came across another invincible zombie today: https://youtu.be/g1qkUzaJwJg

Edited by thejoker954
added more info

22 hours ago, thejoker954 said:

Is the campgrounds on the east side of the map (12436x8943) supposed to have power? I brought a lamp I picked up from the trailer park there and I could turn it on. ( I do have a generator but it wasn't hooked up and I didn't have any fuel in it.

::Edit::

Also came across another invincible zombie today: https://youtu.be/g1qkUzaJwJg

Invincible zombie happens in 39.xx version as well...I can reproduce it at will. Keep running over zombies.. happens when they're getting up and then being run over before they actually get up.

Edited by Flukey

10 minutes ago, thejoker954 said:

awesome-sauce, no more crashing! 

however,  when I was playing it rained for a few seconds - got really foggy and then turned super red. then went back to sunny day (all within a minute or 2) maybe someone was playing with admin weather settings? 

20180920150721_1.jpg

I blame @Fenris_Wolf. Always up to no good, that one.

17 minutes ago, thejoker954 said:

when I was playing it rained for a few seconds - got really foggy and then turned super red

I just thought you could use a awesome screenshot to add to your collection ;)

But ya sorry, was check something real quick on the color sliders real quick before attempting to do something with a challenge scenario mod :D

1 hour ago, Fenris_Wolf said:

I just thought you could use a awesome screenshot to add to your collection ;)

But ya sorry, was check something real quick on the color sliders real quick before attempting to do something with a challenge scenario mod :D

lol, I did think it was really creepy looking, I certainly wouldn't mind something like that happening naturally.