The most reasonable suggestion ever made!

Vortecus

Allow survivors to sleep on the floor for an uncomfortable but successful nights sleep.
1. Sleeping on the floor with a pillow equipped will dampen the hard floor resulting in a better nights sleep.

2. Having the homeless occupation allows you to sleep outside on the floor with less harsh consequences.

3. Becoming far too tired, or far too drunk will result in you collapsing from exhaustion and sleeping on the ground for an appropriate amount of time.

Allow survivors to sleep on the toilet. (If my survivor is able to sleep on a kid's plastic chair, I'm fairly certain a toilet would suffice; plus this would

stop us from having to pick up a chair and haul it to the bathroom to sleep in the security of having an extra door between you and the zombies.)

Obviously sleeping on the floor (especially outside) would have serious consequences if you were to be ambushed by roaming zombies during the night;
but as of now, you can just carry a chair around with you to sleep outside on instead and face the same risks. So sleeping on the floor, especially inside,

should be an enabled feature.

Edited by Vortecus
Extra ideas.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/7/2018 at 11:03 AM, Shotgun_Messiah said:

but that would break the gameplay.

False, it would only enhance it. Sleeping on the floor is risky, but also makes perfect sense, especially when indoors and in relative safety, not much difference from sleeping on a bed in a room except for the fact that it'll be less comfortable. Especially if outside. But roaming zombies during the night should deter a smart player from sleeping outside in the first place unless they're away from the cities. 

On 9/7/2018 at 1:47 PM, Laird Thaddeus said:

that's what the tent is for. you can construct tents anywhere there is space

So I need to put up my tent in a bathroom so I can sleep in it? Complete nonsense. The player should be able to sleep anywhere as long as he's not in danger, not panicked. Tents require tarp and tent pegs to be assembled, which without mods, can only be looted and they're relatively uncommon.

It's what I wanted and expected from the sleep "over haul," (god that word is overused so much) really. 

Suffering penalties from poor choices of sleeping spot, becoming accustomed to the discomfort, and being a to sleep or rest anywhere ... 

With the sleep events it could be even more fun.

• 1 month later...
On 8/27/2018 at 3:22 PM, Vortecus said:

Allow survivors to sleep on the floor for an uncomfortable but successful nights sleep.
1. Sleeping on the floor with a pillow equipped will dampen the hard floor resulting in a better nights sleep.

2. Having the homeless occupation allows you to sleep outside on the floor with less harsh consequences.

3. Becoming far too tired, or far too drunk will result in you collapsing from exhaustion and sleeping on the ground for an appropriate amount of time.

Allow survivors to sleep on the toilet. (If my survivor is able to sleep on a kid's plastic chair, I'm fairly certain a toilet would suffice; plus this would

stop us from having to pick up a chair and haul it to the bathroom to sleep in the security of having an extra door between you and the zombies.)

Obviously sleeping on the floor (especially outside) would have serious consequences if you were to be ambushed by roaming zombies during the night;
but as of now, you can just carry a chair around with you to sleep outside on instead and face the same risks. So sleeping on the floor, especially inside,

should be an enabled feature.

All perfectly reasonable suggestions imo

• 2 weeks later...

I Really like these ideas but they should also include sleeping bag functionality for a more comfortable rest on the floor so that you can do whatever you want.

Is sleeping inside a car optional? if not this should also be included. I would love to have cars that are actually quiet (electric cars!?) and build a garage and park the car inside and close the gate and then all the doors and be inside a fence, inside a garage, door closed, inside the car, sleep inside car. very comfy. very safe.  (WARNING DONT STAY IN A CAR IN A CLOSED GARAGE WITH THE CAR ON THE CARBON MONOXIDE WILL KILL YOU)

1. We should be able to sleep everywhere. Agreed. Gives us the choice to take on more risk in desperate situations. Risk-tethered choices = good gameplay.

2. Give additional functionality to pillows and maybe other items (put a big sweater under your head? A Spiffo doll maybe?). Good idea. There are too many "useless" items that in reality would be great to have.

3. Carbon monoxide poisoning from sleeping in a car while in an enclosed space (and/or maybe with a worn out exhaust?). Love it. Can be tied on to the same effect seen with indoor generators.

On 11/17/2018 at 3:27 PM, trombonaught said:

1. We should be able to sleep everywhere. Agreed. Gives us the choice to take on more risk in desperate situations. Risk-tethered choices = good gameplay.

2. Give additional functionality to pillows and maybe other items (put a big sweater under your head? A Spiffo doll maybe?). Good idea. There are too many "useless" items that in reality would be great to have.

3. Carbon monoxide poisoning from sleeping in a car while in an enclosed space (and/or maybe with a worn out exhaust?). Love it. Can be tied on to the same effect seen with indoor generators.

can you sleep in car, I couldn't figure this out. am I make a mistake and CAN sleep in cars?

• 2 months later...

I remember in some previous versions (don't know which one sorry guys) that your character could pass out when was too tired - which automatically allowed him to sleep everywhere. This option might be middle ground (so on one hand you can sleep everywhere when you tired enough on the other hand will not break game play).

Or maybe add some long term pain (like 5 days) after sleeping on a floor or some debuff to strength/mood/fitness etc?