Playing with Friends Through Steam

akamber

Just wondering how I can play with a couple friends. I go to hosts, start the server, but it doesn't show u p for any of them in the internet lists of servers when they refresh. Using my IP address doesn't work either. I have forwarded 16261 as well as the steam port of 8766 to my computer. They have tried both of these ports, and included my local IP in with the global IP. I found a post from @EnigmaGrey saying to invite them through the in game interface, but the option currently doesn't exist in the iwillbackupmysave version, something about a friends list in the lower right after hitting 'esc'.

Very dissapointed because I got the three of them to buy the game so we could play together, and it used to be easy years ago to get it to work.

Do you have the server set to "Open" and "Public"?

I suggest checking the server settings to see if everything is in order. You could also try hosting with the Dedicated Server.

EDIT: The "Invite Friends" is on the left side of the screen now, as the menu has been changed in the new update.
Best thing would be to invite your friends this way, they also need to have the game closed for it to work properly.

Hope it works out!