Killing zombies with cars = 0 experience?

Flukey

Why not give like 50% experience at the least? Some servers run crazy amount of zombies. Killing them off with an axe or knife is not realistic, firing a gun and attracting even more undesirable. The strategy I employ is to cut them down with a car running them over. I'm actually quite good at it, but it's not reflected in XP and it doesn't feel right. It would be nice to have a configuration for this or employ some sort of XP gain in the game for it.

Firing a gun and attracting even more is very desirable, if you do it where you don't desire to be.  Now that previous area has a lot less zombies to contend with.  Like EnigmaGrey said, it would quickly level whatever combat skill you envision with safety.  Remember how sneak was before they redid how skill was gained?  You could get a horde of 100-200 zombies and sneak nearby to powerlevel skill gain.  Likewise, if I'm pushing a zombie with a car every tick and getting 2 points of blunt by holding W, and there's 10 zombies in front of my car..  Things very quickly get out of control.  There's no exertion so I never get worse at it.  Cars are extremely durable and plentiful so it'd be a challenge in itself to run out of the resources to do it.  And the skill gains would be intense.  

A system could work if you limited it to one skill gain act per tick so you only get your measly 1 or 2 points of (blunt? blade? firearms?) and it's not egregious.  That leads to the second problem.  What skill exactly would you gain from this?  If there was a driving skill you'd be 100% onto something but there isn't.

On 2018-08-24 at 9:57 AM, EnigmaGrey said:

Having the zombie die is enough of a reward, given how easy it is to kill them with cars.

Literally takes no skill to do it.

There is actually strategy to do it without destroying your car. We're not talking a Katana kill killing 10 zombies in 1 swing and getting lots of XP for it.

As soon as you respond, I know I'll get no support, anyway it was worth a shot. Just delete my post. Thanks.

@Probe1 you are generalizing and that is not fair. I am playing on a server with the max amount of zombies and cars are not easy to come by especially when your character has no mechanic skills. It could be configurable at the least. Like I was saying above, I'm not talking a Katana that takes out 10 zombies in 1 swing.. I am talking a car, where you can get trapped in the middle of a herde, stuck in the car, windows shattered.

Anyway.. just delete the post or if anyone cares.. a configurable option would be cool. Don't see any mods to do this. Thanks

Archived