"Hearty Appetite" trait makes character obese with time

Nachalas

Because of eating 50% more food per day, it's nearly impossible to keep the character fit even when constantly keeping him "hungry". He just keeps gaining weight over time, even eating fruits doesn't help. Isn't the trait's purpose just to increase the amount of food the character needs or is it just another negative side of this trait? Or is it just me doing something wrong?

I've done a hearty appetite run and I don't agree that it's bugged per se.  You just have to be very mindful about your consumption.  When I'm overweight I tend to have 2~ cabbages per day.  This keeps your caloric/fat intake very low.  I stayed alive for 9 months with that (very recent) save so I had a lot of experience in managing my weight.  

It makes it more annoying than not having hearty appetite but it's not really a hard challenge, let alone broken.

Edited by Probe1

• 2 months later...
On 8/22/2018 at 7:30 PM, Fenris_Wolf said:

Light eater is equally cursed, despite being a positive trait. Even while keeping yourself well fed and eating nothing but junk.

how is it cursed? I have it and I didn't notice anything? I want to learn maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Edited by bobthejob

On 8/22/2018 at 2:54 PM, Nachalas said:

Because of eating 50% more food per day, it's nearly impossible to keep the character fit even when constantly keeping him "hungry". He just keeps gaining weight over time, even eating fruits doesn't help. Isn't the trait's purpose just to increase the amount of food the character needs or is it just another negative side of this trait? Or is it just me doing something wrong?

I didn't even know my character could get fat. do you gain and lose traits!? can you become obese and then lose the weight again? :o

I'm sad there isn't more character customization and any mods that 100% overhaul all the graphics to bring the game into 2019. It can still be simple, but just... you know? less blurry? Playing on the best settings too! so.... hmm.

p.s. there seems to be so many different fruits and vegetables in the game but only some can be grown? I can't find avocado trees... would be nice to be able to plant all the edibles in the game. :)

Edited by bobthejob