RELEASED: IWBUMS Build 40.18

Batsphinx

When updating my server from 40.25 to 40.26 there is now an error, and apparently it happens every time: whether I use LGSM or update via steam, the problem remains.

" 64-bit java detected

./start-server.sh: line 12: ./ProjectZomboid64: No such file or directory"

In 40.25 no problem happens.

Can you help me ?

17 minutes ago, Culvanen said:

When updating my server from 40.25 to 40.26 there is now an error, and apparently it happens every time: whether I use LGSM or update via steam, the problem remains.

" 64-bit java detected

./start-server.sh: line 12: ./ProjectZomboid64: No such file or directory"

In 40.25 no problem happens.

Can you help me ?

I think this is a gremlin in the works with our new autobuild system and Linux. We've raised it with Steve and will get it fixed as soon as we can.

37 minutes ago, Batsphinx said:

I think this is a gremlin in the works with our new autobuild system and Linux. We've raised it with Steve and will get it fixed as soon as we can.

Ok, thanks you! is it possible to play on a 40.25 server with a 40.26 game?

it seems that the files ProjectZomboid32 and ProjectZomboid64 are not included in the linux download while it worked in 40.25, so yesterday!

Fresh install, all deleted files. Mods and maps removed to test.  Dedicated server won't boot since 40.26.

Asked the server admin to try a fresh Stable Build boot to see if it is the Server box for some reason.

Failed to read SVNRevision.txt
1539756196614 versionNumber=40.26 demo=false
1539756196614 server name is "servertest"
1539756196614 map_t.bin does not exist, cannot determine the server's WorldVersion.
1539756196629 Loading networking libraries...
1539756196629 Loading steam_api64...
1539756196629 Loading RakNet64...
1539756196629 Loading ZNetJNI64...
1539756196754 znet: ZNet loaded
1539756196754 znet: Compiled with SERVER_STEAMAPI == 0
1539756196754 znet: Starting with bServer == true
1539756196754 znet: SteamAPI initialised successfully
1539756196754 SteamUtils initialised successfully
1539756196801 translator: language is EN
1539756196942 reading C:\Users\dedicated\Zomboid\Server\servertest.ini
1539756196942 writing C:\Users\dedicated\Zomboid\Server\servertest.ini
1539756196957 znet: Java_zombie_core_znet_SteamGameServer_Init
1539756197770 znet: SteamGameServer_Init() failed ip=0.0.0.0 steamPort=8766 gamePort=16261 queryPort=65535
1539756197770 znet: Java_zombie_core_znet_SteamUtils_n_1Shutdown

SI BETA VERSION 40.27 RELEASED!

This should fix up any issues our Linux testers were having, but please let us know if anything else has flared up :)

NEW

• Added 'sway' wind sprite effects for trees and vegetation that increases/decreases with wind speeds(default on, can be toggled off in options) As seen in high wind.
  • Added 'shake' sprite effects for hits on doors, chops on trees and zeds/players walking through vegetation. General video of this seen below. 
  • Added a rain effect that now render precipitation according to wind angle
  • Implemented new Welcome message for MP Chatbox
  • Added server options for kick/ban thunderclap noises

FIX

• Fixed small trees causing crashes but not being removable
  • Fixed car engine turning off as soon as battery is removed
  • Fixed crafting recipes losing their favourite status when game language is changed
  • Fixed police sign showing higher on tile when placed
  • Fixed radio saving last lines of broadcast so broadcasts didn't replay in full upon load

9 hours ago, Zombie#24 said:

Fresh install, all deleted files. Mods and maps removed to test.  Dedicated server won't boot since 40.26.

Asked the server admin to try a fresh Stable Build boot to see if it is the Server box for some reason.

1539756197770 znet: Java_zombie_core_znet_SteamUtils_n_1Shutdown

I think that might an issue regarding regarding steamclient.so 

Been trying to run dedicated on linux aswell, Come across this problem myself.
Just hoping devs can figure it out as soon as they can, I've got that Zomboid itch that only friends can scratch. 

1 hour ago, ScottyFox said:

I think that might an issue regarding regarding steamclient.so 

Been trying to run dedicated on linux aswell, Come across this problem myself.
Just hoping devs can figure it out as soon as they can, I've got that Zomboid itch that only friends can scratch. 

No, it's just steam_appid.txt missing at this point. It should have been fixed in last night's update, though.

But admittedly, I'm a bit confused by the reference to the stable build. Is it not launching, either? Because the error shown is just the standard shutdown. 

steam_appid.txt

Shadow flickering bug:

It happens when you have invincibility, god mode and all debug tools disabled. Zombies must react to players presence, be able to hurt them, etc. It happens when zombies are close/walking towards player's car. 

Observe car shadow change size rapidly. Game clean. Mods disabled. Tested with only Necroforge and then without it, manually.

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 1600, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GTX1050Ti 4GB, Windows 10, Nvidia driver 411.63.

Edited by Eggtooth

27 minutes ago, Burger_Time said:

Updating of trees and doors sprites should be disabled when your character doesn't looks on them. You can easily detect those guys that are sneaking to you through the woods when you don't even look at them.

yeah but you can hear them ?

13 hours ago, Burger_Time said:

You can, but sound doesn't get too far.

Gonna have to side with seeing them shake regardless, but I totally see your point.

Reason being that even in large buildings and woods you can hear twigs breaking for probably the entire field of view for characters. Silence can easily make the lightest of noises carry farther and sound louder :) As an example, I thought somebody was keying the windows of the glass doors of my school library while I studied on the opposite side of the building until I realized it was just a tree brushing against it in the wind. The branch has been trimmed now, but this anecdote remains true.

I would at least argue for the point that with multiple sound sources, pinpointing this kind of thing and percepting it becomes much harder.

Edited by Kim Jong Un

Basic thoughts on the new wind mechanics:

Immersion breaking- Rocks sway like plants in the wind. 

Object swaying intensity during storms seem to look fine to me, even when there is no wind.  I think the trees and plants swaying isn't all that exagerated in my opinion, I've seen some terrible storms and they seem to look pretty realistic in-game.  Though, tone down the tree shaking when a player or zed walks by it, and when a car crashes into a tree. Make doors shake a bit less when zeds hit them too. 

All we need now are new SFXs for the weather update and it will make the game 100x better!

On 14.10.2018 at 6:46 PM, Хибити\Hibiti [BLR] said:

Я обнаружил баг (версия 40.25). 

Я строил на большом складе в Малдро второй этаж. И почему то внутри здания был туман, а также, меня видели зомби не смотря на стены на втором этаже.

Туман был только в местах, где не было пола

I found a bug (version 40.25).

I build a second floor in a large warehouse in Muldraugh. And for some reason there was fog inside the building, and also, zombies saw me despite the walls on the second floor.

Fog was only in places where there was no floor

20181014185356_1.jpg

Same happened to me on McCoy second floor, so I'm guessing this is a general bug?

If you go up the stairs on any of these 4 buildings (https://map.projectzomboid.com/#0.5706406766065583,0.32954950144012896,76.67519984894946) the "roof" (or hill, don't know exactly what that is) won't let you see part of the screen.

20181017140808_1.thumb.jpg.c5e57c97ba5d17a2b3f3f249e6ac8c1e.jpg

Also, most of the metalwork recipes that require metal scraps don't actually consume any. Here's a list of them: fence, wired fence, big wired fence, big pole fence, fence gate, big pole fence gate, big double pole gate, double fence gate, metal roof. Only metal shelves and metal crate consume scraps on each use. (40.26)

Edited by TheLeonBM
typos

37 minutes ago, TheLeonBM said:

If you go up the stairs on any of these 4 buildings (https://map.projectzomboid.com/#0.5706406766065583,0.32954950144012896,76.67519984894946) the "roof" (or hill, don't know exactly what that is) won't let you see part of the screen.

20181017140808_1.thumb.jpg.c5e57c97ba5d17a2b3f3f249e6ac8c1e.jpg

Also, most of the metalwork recipes that require metal scraps don't actually consume any. Here's a list of them: fence, wired fence, big wired fence, big pole fence, fence gate, big pole fence gate, big double pole gate, double fence gate, metal roof. Only metal shelves and metal crate consume scraps on each use. (40.26)

The most annoying this is that it rains and snows inside those buildings when up the stairs.

IWBUMS 40.27 released

ADDED

Added shake when trying to open locked door
Added wind to some left out ferns and plants
Moved (previously in right click menu) debug stuff (items list, stash debug, player stats) to the new debug panel.
Player launching a game in debug is now automatically ghost/invincible.
Added ghost/god mod tickbox in the stats & body debug panel.
God mod now also set hunger to 0 (never hungry!)
Toned down door shake a bit.
Toned down rusle and hit shake for large trees.
Wind sways a bit more natural
Added random rustles to trees.
Added gusty/breezy noise to wind (also applies to rain angle)
Changed split wind in 2 sets (trees and low vegetation)
Added different sway/bending types for objects
Changed big trees to now shake less
Added a few minor caching improvements
Save the last five console logs in a /logs/ zip so users can easily upload errors even after they've restarted a game

FIXED

You can now wash the new clothing
Fixed reverted fog to non-pack which seems to have caused issue on some machine
Fixed max skew for most bendy trees reduced a little
Added build/health cheat in the debug panel.
Fixed bushes only draw with floor when in a car.
Fixed player made door shaking when hit.
Fixed too few vehicles spawning in some places.
Fixed vehicles being usable through closed doors, fences and walls.
Fixed vehicle shadows jittering near zombies.
Fixed removing a metal-bar barricade giving a metal pipe.
Fixed metal-bar barricades requiring three bars but only using one.
Changed bushes now also rustle (visual+audio)
Fixed bug that caused some erosion replacements (rocks and twigs etc) to sway with wind