RELEASED: IWBUMS Build 40.18

Batsphinx

Is anyone else having trouble playing the IWBUMS on 32bit? I actually have to lower the Xms/x to play. I can play the current version w/ a lot of mods but I have to be careful w/ IWBUMS or I'll get a outofmemory error before world is loading (solo or server) Are the weather effects much more demanding on machines? (I'll be upgrading my OS but not for months.)

21 minutes ago, wanderinbilly said:

Is anyone else having trouble playing the IWBUMS on 32bit? I actually have to lower the Xms/x to play. I can play the current version w/ a lot of mods but I have to be careful w/ IWBUMS or I'll get a outofmemory error before world is loading (solo or server) Are the weather effects much more demanding on machines? (I'll be upgrading my OS but not for months.)

Cars are demanding enough that 32-bit support was effectively dropped in June, so.

I guess the answer is yes.

Hey, just a heads up that somewhere along the build the country club has been broken.

Reset the map twice to verify (and by reset, I mean physically deleting the server files and character map files to be extra sure that it is a new issue), missing walls/added walls confirmed from multiple clients.

68BCDCA9EB9C0CF0193D6D28C74917CFACDC3ABE

In addition to a large piece of the wall being missing, a new wall has appeared on the same tile of the other end of the balcony.

4B7CCD6D8E024C6130F113A9156B7DDC1FD4567B

This one is harder to notice, but walls on the second level have been removed that are surrounding the window panes. We used the admin character to make sure this portion of the bugs weren't a perspective issue.

Checked other buildings in the area and they appear to be fine. After scouring the country club, other than the stacked tables that have been there from the start these are the only new major issues.

--

Driving a car with three or more people is impossible at the moment. We've had incidents with players become stuck in the black voids. Reducing the occupants in vehicles has been the sound solution, but driving still generates its own temporal anomalies with becoming stuck every few seconds because of the supposed increase in world loading time. Driving by yourself is at acceptable levels of interruptions.

--

New atmosphere looks great. You can really tell that there is a difference. So far, great feedback all around.

Edited by Kim Jong Un

11 hours ago, jamesorbe0 said:

Thats been there for a long time ago its a feature i mean you dont want to use your hands removing broken glass do ypu?

I've done it many times in my life, seems like a weird feature. It should be possible to do it, with a chance of injury of course. Also, I don't see how equiping things like a watering can in my hand helps me remove glass.

Edited by TheLeonBM

15 minutes ago, TheLeonBM said:

I've done it many times in my life, seems like a weird feature. It should be possible to do it, with a chance of injury of course. Also, I don't see how equiping things like a watering can in my hand helps me remove glass.

You do not see how being able to smash the glass out with an object other than your hands is preferable?

1 minute ago, EnigmaGrey said:

You do not see how being able to smash the glass out with an object other than your hands is preferable?

Of course, yes, much preferable. I wasn't talking about smashing though, I was talking about the removal of the broken glass, It should be possible to do (with its drawbacks) if it has to come to that.

2 hours ago, nickodemos said:

Working on dismantling cars and found that if an empty torch is first it wont allow you to work. You have to move it to a bag or drop it to start.

does this now work?  how do you do it?

i have been next to a wrecked car with propane torch, welding rod and mask in primary inventory - but could not work it out.

do you right click on the wreck or how do you dismantle?

or do you need a certain skill level before hand?

10 hours ago, nickodemos said:

Working on dismantling cars and found that if an empty torch is first it wont allow you to work. You have to move it to a bag or drop it to start.

24 minutes ago, nickodemos said:

Just stood next to it with a propane torch and welding mask. I have many mods in so not sure if vanilla or not but you might need a magazine or be a certain level.

If the first torch is empty - the option to "Dismantle car wreck" will be disabled (this issue was reported and hopefully will be fixed soon).

Regarding the need for a skill level or magazines - not needed (iirc). You should be able to RMC a car wreck > Dismantle (apart form situation described above, obviously)

I went up the stairs of one of the McCoy Warehouses and I could see a car I parked outside against a door on the ground floor (first pic shows what I saw and the other shows where the car is for reference).   

I've also noticed that when siphoning gas, if you have multiple gas cans on you It will use a new one every time you siphon.

Eg. if I have 5 empty gas cans and I interrupt and resume siphoning 5 times, it will result in 5 partially filled cans.

(40.25)

20181011154514_1.jpg

20181011154537_1.jpg

Я обнаружил баг (версия 40.25). 

Я строил на большом складе в Малдро второй этаж. И почему то внутри здания был туман, а также, меня видели зомби не смотря на стены на втором этаже.

Туман был только в местах, где не было пола

I found a bug (version 40.25).

I build a second floor in a large warehouse in Muldraugh. And for some reason there was fog inside the building, and also, zombies saw me despite the walls on the second floor.

Fog was only in places where there was no floor

20181014185356_1.jpg

Edited by Хибити\Hibiti [BLR]

I have to say, I just started up a new game a couple days ago on the IWBUMS branch and I am LOVING this new weather system.  I really like the fog effects. I will say it's weird that it doesn't start get dark until after 10pm. 

It's also weird that it only rained 2 times in the month of April though. 

I found it a bit insulting when I went 27 days without rain and thought "Okay, I'm gonna plant some carrots"(because they grow better in dry spells and when not fully watered) and IMMEDIATELY after I watered them up to 75% it started raining. 

This is a good update. 

1 hour ago, Хибити\Hibiti [BLR] said:

У меня одного не работает фермерство? (40.25)

Я не могу посадить семена.

Farm Don't   work? (40.25)

I can not plant seeds.

Вы используете гидрокостюм? Сельское хозяйство не работает с ним в IWBUMS.
Are you using hydrocraft? Farming is not working with it in IWBUMS.

Version 40.26 released to IWBUMS beta!

Please note that this version is the first one automatically created by our new build system, that's been lovingly formed by Bitbaboon Steve. We're fairly sure it's firing on all cylinders, but likewise if there's disruption on any dedicated servers, Mac or Linux builds etc. then we apologise in advance :)

NEW

• Added new clothes: Long shorts, Jacket, Padded Pants, Padded Jacket
  • Thunder sound now plays to all players when an admin bans a player banned, a thunder rumble is heard when one is kicked.
  • All vehicle doors may be locked/unlocked from inside without requiring a key.

BALANCE

• Balanced some existing clothes insulation (sweater etc will be less effective)
  • '/thunder start' now starts a thunder storm 24h duration.
  • '/startRain' '/stopRain' is now equal to setting admin climate panel precipitation to 1.0.

FIXES

• Fixed not being able to make it snow via admin panel
  • Fixed bug where fog wasn't the same as when the player last quit
  • Fixed some map bugs: missing walls, missing lightswitches, duplicate TVs.
  • Fixed covered gas station that was considered interior.
  • Fixed missing checkmarks next to the current values of chat-window options.
  • Fixed unnecessary old chat-transparency display option.
  • Fixed issues with on-screen server messages (using /servermsg command) - horizontal position was relative to the chat window, display time was depended on framerate, font now larger.
  • Fixed missing "Ticking clock" animation while the char sleeps is missing
  • Fixed wrong positions of "Performance skybox" and the "Performance reflections" options are moved. 
  • Fixed unclear "You need to restart the game to apply changes" text
  • Fixed some debug code running that is disabled in multiplayer.
  • Fixed vehicle skid sound not playing in multiplayer. It only played for the driver previously; remote clients wouldn't hear it.
  • Fixed vehicle damage to prone zombies being too low in multiplayer.
  • Fixed broken vehicle door locks being lockable/unlockable using the dashboard icon (and vehicle menu).
  • Fixed car collision box blocking a door even if a char can come up to it
  • Fixed wash clothing recipe not working.
  • Fixed file encodings in translation files.
  • Fixed dropped items are drawn above the car
  • Fixed empty water container staying equipped when pouring water from one item to another.
  • Fixed propane tank remaining equipped after inserting into a bbq
  • Fixed weatherperiod loading bug
  • Fixed rendering issue with Physics.Render debug option as other things such as vehicle areas wouldn't render.
  • Fixed vehicle y-coordinates when spawning in long horizontal zones. (The long horizontal zones at gas-stations were spawning vehicles at the wrong y-coordinate)
  • Fixed unused vehicle code.
  • Fixed issues with adding/removing gas using gas cans.
  • Fixed unnecessary allocations and file access related to non-existent textures.
  • Fixed zones overlapping any cells in a map directory not being removed before loading that map's objects.lua file.
  • Fixed speech from second player in splitscreen being displayed over first player.

8 hours ago, Хибити\Hibiti [BLR] said:

У меня одного не работает фермерство? (40.25)

Я не могу посадить семена.

Farm Don't   work? (40.25)

I can not plant seeds.

If it's not the Hydrocraft issue (as mentioned above), have you got your seed packet opened?