RELEASED: IWBUMS Build 40.18

Batsphinx

15 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Like the "I have to play in survival, I can't play in sandbox that's not how the games meant to be played. Please make survival easier." threads all over again . . . 

There's a huge difference between "This game's too hard, make it easier" and "Oh, just a black screen... huh, is the game running?"

We can't control your monitor in any way or tell how it'll behave with the game. 

Yes you can, it's called a gamma setting, and no you can't, which is why it should be in PZ.

Now, I can't know your situation. So here's mine: I've had a visual impairment all my life. I have light sensitivity due to a lack of pigment in the back of my eyes.  I'm sitting not a foot and a half from a 38" ultra-widescreen ISP monitor at full blast. 

I sympathize with you. As I've gotten older it's become more difficult to sit at the monitor and get stuff done. Some days the screen is fine, others it's way too dark. I'd think you, of all people, would want to have something in the game so you wouldn't have to adjust your monitors all the time. For me, I set my desktop brightness based on my work apps (development, browsing, etc.) and then fine tune each game as needed with the gamma setting.

I'm not trying to step in the middle of a firefight here and take a bullet for one side or the other. I just want to be able to play my game with the brightness set at how it was before the weather update, without having to monkey with my monitor every time I want to fire up PZ.  I will simply stop playing if I can't figure out a work around - it's too dark at night, lights don't provide enough brightness, and the CatEyes perk seems worthless.

Shin

Edited by Shinjitsu noDeshi

37 minutes ago, Shinjitsu noDeshi said:

There's a huge difference between "This game's too hard, make it easier" and "Oh, just a black screen... huh, is the game running?"

There is a bit of a  difference between "blinds" and "kind of ugly" though.  We've only heard one of the the former and half a dozen of the latter. It's been some months into testing.

1 hour ago, Shinjitsu noDeshi said:

I'm playing with "Shaders: Yes"

#TeamTooDark ;)

Shin

Have you tried changing the night brightness in Sandbox? Nights are supposed to be darker in the default game and, as Will says, they'll be much worse with shaders off (something we really can't recommend at this point).

It won't affect the darkness of standing under a particularly black cloud, but those do go away after the storm begins to fade.

5 hours ago, jamesorbe0 said:

Its not even that dark have you ever tried pitch black?

Nope... sure haven't...  So, we have all probably seen this real hurricane footage coming in live in the last weeks... Judging by much of the un-lit video taken outside, in the daytime, it appears that people would have a decent 20-50+y visibility in the worst kind of rain in the DAY time...  Because that big fireball in the sky doesn't care how thick clouds are... it still manages to illuminate to a degree higher than near pitch black...

3 hours ago, Batsphinx said:

The first non-average rain you get is dialled up to eleven atm, and goes on for too long, which probably isn't helping matters. Turbo's gonna have a poke.

That actually explains it all very well... THANKS!!  *phew*   the other survivors were about to kick me out for peeing on the floor every time it got too dark to see the rim... But that's okay, because when it rained for that long, my guy just wanted to off himself anyways...

1 hour ago, Batsphinx said:

Also, just to check, are any of the people who are finding it too dark playing with Shaders turned to 'Off'?

My shaders are also set to "ON"

Thanks for the rapid response answers!

#TeamIPeeontheFloorwhenitsDark

10 minutes ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Have you tried changing the night brightness in Sandbox? Nights are supposed to be darker in the default game and, as Will says, they'll be much worse with shaders off (something we really can't recommend at this point).

It won't a ffect the darkness of standing under a particularly black cloud, but those do go away after the storm begins to fade.

So I've got "Darkness During Night: Normal" - I'll try setting it to "Bright." Is there a way to change it for an existing game?

Thanks for the heads up on the setting

Shin

Just now, Shinjitsu noDeshi said:

So I've got "Darkness During Night: Normal" - I'll try setting it to "Bright." Is there a way to change it for an existing game?

Thanks for the heads up on the setting

Shin

I think you should be able to, yes. Copy over your sandbox file to the new save. It's in %UserProfile%\zomboid\sandbox\YourSaveFileHere

It's called map_sand.bin.

I do not think there's a separate one for climate at this time, so it should just work.

26 minutes ago, EnigmaGrey said:

I think you should be able to, yes. Copy over your sandbox file to the new save. It's in %UserProfile%\zomboid\sandbox\YourSaveFileHere

It's called map_sand.bin.

I do not think there's a separate one for climate at this time, so it should just work.

I tried both "Bright" and "Pitch Black" to get a comparison of extremes with my reference screenshot. Both seemed to change the view to some degree, but putting it to bright didn't get me back to where I was hoping.

I'm wondering now if it's more to do with how much light is put out from the light sources than the darkness itself...

At any rate, thanks for the tips!

15 minutes ago, Shinjitsu noDeshi said:

I tried both "Bright" and "Pitch Black" to get a comparison of extremes with my reference screenshot. Both seemed to change the view to some degree, but putting it to bright didn't get me back to where I was hoping.

I'm wondering now if it's more to do with how much light is put out from the light sources than the darkness itself...

At any rate, thanks for the tips!

Would you mind sharing some screenshots of what you're looking at in each instance? To be sure we're all in the same place?

14 hours ago, Batsphinx said:

Would you mind sharing some screenshots of what you're looking at in each instance? To be sure we're all in the same place?

Sure thing.

Reference: Steam 39.67.5 (with Cat's Eye perk. This is what I am used to and is easy for me to play with.)

Spoiler

180924-Lighting2a.thumb.jpg.a760962a9a783d55dedca656d4bf10bb.jpg

Pitch Black: Steam IWBUMS 40.18 (with Cat's Eye perk)

Spoiler

180926-PitchBlack.thumb.jpg.1716f46ba5e3d498f0783ffc9c3523c0.jpg

Normal: Steam IWBUMS 40.18 (with Cat's Eye perk - my current game)

Spoiler

180924-Lightinga.thumb.jpg.593a9f8235c74cebad9ec040fadcc55b.jpg

Bright:  Steam IWBUMS 40.18 (with Cat's Eye perk)

Spoiler

180926-Bright.thumb.jpg.3798f0d5815f1a248a4b185c0a3de3f3.jpg

Pitch Black: Steam IWBUMS 40.18 (NO perk. It seems the perk only adds a few additional lit squares?)

Spoiler

180926-PitchBlack-noCE.thumb.jpg.230695396667a661cb090715b5421e44.jpg

Normal: Steam IWBUMS 40.18 (with Cat's Eye perk - my current game - Rainstorm - TAKEN AT NOON GAME TIME!)

Spoiler

180926-NormalMidDayRain.thumb.jpg.c3c07ac93499ad1eeb1134be2f6eb645.jpg

HTH

Edited by Shinjitsu noDeshi
Added midday rainstorm screenshot

cars now seem to attract more z's than ever before - almost the same as firing a gun.

i enabled cheats - repaired car - changed muffler to best/quietest one. started engine they came for ages.

no complaint it just feels different from before.

also this was a custom scenario and i had set cars attraction to 0.8 - so they were quieter than the default value 1.

8 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

There is a bit of a  difference between "blinds" and "kind of ugly" though.  We've only heard one of the the former and half a dozen of the latter. It's been some months into testing.

I can provide at least 4 others who have expressed it as 'blinding' or similar terms. Yes, not a huge number I'm the grand scheme of things, but your numbers there are very skewed. 

I may be exaggerating when I say 'blinding', but that would still put me in the 'kind of ugly' camp. But even then, to those who have spoken out about it, 'kind of ugly' is a gross understatement and a misrepresentation of their opinion on the effect. 

18 minutes ago, Bejasc said:

I can provide at least 4 others who have expressed it as 'blinding' or similar terms. Yes, not a huge number I'm the grand scheme of things, but your numbers there are very skewed. 

I may be exaggerating when I say 'blinding', but that would still put me in the 'kind of ugly' camp. But even then, to those who have spoken out about it, 'kind of ugly' is a gross understatement and a misrepresentation of their opinion on the effect. 

I'd really recommend that you stop pushing on this and leave it to us, now that you've made your opinion clear.  It's been heard, we'll act on what we consider actionable and pragmatic in our own time. Repeating it will not change what I've already said.

Anyone else that'd like to discuss it can make their own posts on it.

3 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

I'd really recommend that you stop pushing on this and leave it to us, now that you've made your opinion clear.  It's been heard, we'll act on what we consider actionable and pragmatic in our own time. Repeating it will not change what I've already said.

Anyone else that'd like to discuss it can make their own posts on it.

I appreciate that you will continue to act on it where you can (as you know - I've already stated to you in private, along with the amount of love and respect I have for TIS and the development process).

I'm not trying to push anything along at this point. I fully understand that TIS will do what they can, when they can, to make any necessary adjustments. I am a patient person and understand some of the processes involved (as I'm a developer myself), which is more than can be said for much of the community. 

In my last post, I was simply correcting you on your misrepresentation / downplaying of the "issue" that we have been talking about. Unfortunately, it's not as "small" as you would like to believe.

There is no need for me to repeat my opinion, as I know you've heard it multiple times already.

This is where I'll stop also. I don't wish to distract from development or cause any rift in the community or relationships I have with members of it, including yourself. 

Thanks for your time, and sorry for the hassles. 

Edited by Bejasc

IWBUMS VERSION 40.21 RELEASED!

Internal testers have also flagged a few issues that *might* be an issue on Linux and Mac, so if you’re on those platforms and the new IWBUMS beta isn’t behaving then please let us know.

NEW

• Skybox generation for vehicle reflective windows. This takes into account: the time of day, the Global illumination color, fog, cloudiness, precipitation intensity, wind direction, wind speed and the temperature of the ambient air (as in winter the clouds are lower than the ground)
  • Added more natural looking snow on the ground:
  • Added more checks to online usernames. They now must be three characters long, and not contain any of the following character: ; . ' ? \
  • Added new server option AllowNonAsciiUsername (default false). This can be set to true to allow the use of non-ascii characters in the username, such as the Cyrillic alphabet etc..)
  • Game now checks username in lowercase when accessing the database. So if your name is BLARG, but you type BLaRG you will still join.
  • Added clear console command for client and server
  • Commands can now be temporaly disabled with DisabledCommand annotation. Disabled connections, grantadmin, removeadmin, servermessage and thunder commands. Help also disabled for these commands by annotation
  • Added debug menus for weather, climate, bodydamage and stats - which can be opened with shift-backspace: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6KdrMqzHrE&feature=youtu.be&t=14
  • Added more climate modding options
  • Weather now affect chance of starting the car (specially on low quality engine, the colder, the harder is to start).
  • Added more filters to characters used in player usernames (, / @ $)

FIXES

• Fixed not being able to create new username.
  • Fixed removed unused import and leftover debug lines.
  • Fixed new players not being able to join server.
  • Fixed unnecassary 'ban steam id' when banuser is preferable
  • Fixed Coordinates parameter being used with 'add vehicle' command
  • Fixed wrong calcul in Nutritions values (it'll be now easier to gain more weight if eating high carbs or lipids food)
  • Fixed "Survived For" showing on the character screen if the player doesn't have a watch.
  • Fixed weight display from being a float to being an int (no more 80.14 but only 80.)
  • Fixed outside temperature from showing on vehicle dashboards. This became confusing when we also had the UI temperature showing.
  • Fixed server message command.
  • Fixed additem command. -u flag removed.
  • Fixed 'add vehicle' command not giving a vehicle to a player who hadn't included their name.
  • Fixed Banuser command
  • Fixed output from help command not being alphabetical
  • Fixed players not being able to execute commands if they have the correct rights.
  • Fixed wrong calcul in startEngine process.
  • Fixed multiple VehicleFailingToStart sounds playing.
  • Fixed DebugChunkState not rendering weather effects.
  • Fixed scaling of lines when zooming indoors.
  • Fixed some map issues: A house had a grass floor, a trailer had a TV on the same square as a kitchen counter, a building had no light switches in two upper floor rooms.
  • Fixed doors/radios/tvs/windows sometimes having different states on clients and the server.
  • Fixed ReleaseSafehouse command
  • Fixed and refactored Grant Admin and Remove Admin commands 
  • Fixed incorrect trunk size of vans with seats.
  • Fixed wrong calcul in chance of uninstalling part resulting in sometimes damaging the part where it should be impossible.
  • Fixed some ingredients left at -1 hunger reduction when adding them to a recipe.

5 hours ago, Batsphinx said:

IWBUMS VERSION 40.21 RELEASED!

Internal testers have also flagged a few issues that *might* be an issue on Linux and Mac, so if you’re on those platforms and the new IWBUMS beta isn’t behaving then please let us know.

NEW

• Skybox generation for vehicle reflective windows. This takes into account: the time of day, the Global illumination color, fog, cloudiness, precipitation intensity, wind direction, wind speed and the temperature of the ambient air (as in winter the clouds are lower than the ground)
  • Added more natural looking snow on the ground:
  • Added more checks to online usernames. They now must be three characters long, and not contain any of the following character: ; . ' ? \
  • Added new server option AllowNonAsciiUsername (default false). This can be set to true to allow the use of non-ascii characters in the username, such as the Cyrillic alphabet etc..)
  • Game now checks username in lowercase when accessing the database. So if your name is BLARG, but you type BLaRG you will still join.
  • Added clear console command for client and server
  • Commands can now be temporaly disabled with DisabledCommand annotation. Disabled connections, grantadmin, removeadmin, servermessage and thunder commands. Help also disabled for these commands by annotation
  • Added debug menus for weather, climate, bodydamage and stats - which can be opened with shift-backspace: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6KdrMqzHrE&feature=youtu.be&t=14
  • Added more climate modding options
  • Weather now affect chance of starting the car (specially on low quality engine, the colder, the harder is to start).
  • Added more filters to characters used in player usernames (, / @ $)

FIXES

• Fixed not being able to create new username.
  • Fixed removed unused import and leftover debug lines.
  • Fixed new players not being able to join server.
  • Fixed unnecassary 'ban steam id' when banuser is preferable
  • Fixed Coordinates parameter being used with 'add vehicle' command
  • Fixed wrong calcul in Nutritions values (it'll be now easier to gain more weight if eating high carbs or lipids food)
  • Fixed "Survived For" showing on the character screen if the player doesn't have a watch.
  • Fixed weight display from being a float to being an int (no more 80.14 but only 80.)
  • Fixed outside temperature from showing on vehicle dashboards. This became confusing when we also had the UI temperature showing.
  • Fixed server message command.
  • Fixed additem command. -u flag removed.
  • Fixed 'add vehicle' command not giving a vehicle to a player who hadn't included their name.
  • Fixed Banuser command
  • Fixed output from help command not being alphabetical
  • Fixed players not being able to execute commands if they have the correct rights.
  • Fixed wrong calcul in startEngine process.
  • Fixed multiple VehicleFailingToStart sounds playing.
  • Fixed DebugChunkState not rendering weather effects.
  • Fixed scaling of lines when zooming indoors.
  • Fixed some map issues: A house had a grass floor, a trailer had a TV on the same square as a kitchen counter, a building had no light switches in two upper floor rooms.
  • Fixed doors/radios/tvs/windows sometimes having different states on clients and the server.
  • Fixed ReleaseSafehouse command
  • Fixed and refactored Grant Admin and Remove Admin commands 
  • Fixed incorrect trunk size of vans with seats.
  • Fixed wrong calcul in chance of uninstalling part resulting in sometimes damaging the part where it should be impossible.
  • Fixed some ingredients left at -1 hunger reduction when adding them to a recipe.

Nice!

Clicking on the "Details" button brings up two version options at the top (39.67.5, 39.67.3) and the default text being displayed looks like it's the change list for one of those versions, not the IWBUMS version here.

I'm assuming it's just a change log file that didn't get updated with the patch, but it'll probably cause some confusion on the part of users...

Shin

Since build 40 I think, I have started to see all cars painted black (before build 40, cars always looked normal to me). I've an Intel HD 3000 on a Thinkpad x220 with an i5-2520m and 16gb of ram, and I'm running a Debian-based linux system (MX Linux 17), on kernel 4.15.

Screenshot-269.png

Here are my display settings:

Screenshot-270.png

Since last patch my character keeps getting fatter. 76kg to 82kg in 2 days and i wasn't even making him eat a lot of calories. There is double red arrow pointing upwards next to weight. It used to be one red arrow.

Edit: Now i have 2 red arrows pointing up and 1 green arrow pointing down overlapping each other.

Edited by Vincent_Ruth

Can someone help with the "wrong password" error I am still experiencing?

I have updated my version using:  +app_update 380870 -beta latest_experimental validate

If I don't replace the two UdpEngine.* files mentioned previously in this thread, the server will start normally but no one can join. This is the known issue.

When I replace both files, I get this error:

################################################

1538358949641 erosion: reading C:\Users\administrator\Zomboid\Saves\Multiplayer\servertest\erosion.ini
1538358949703 IsoMetaGrid.Create: finished loading in 3.484 seconds
1538358949703 can't find map objects file: media/maps/West Point, KY/objects.lua
1538358949719 Loading: media/maps/Muldraugh, KY/objects.lua
1538358949922 ERROR: not adding suspicious zone "" "Vegitation" 9027,7530,9 179x10
1538358949922 ERROR: not adding suspicious zone "" "Vegitation" 9206,7527,9 10x13
1538358949922 ERROR: not adding suspicious zone "" "Vegitation" 9204,7527,9 2x3
1538358949922 ERROR: not adding suspicious zone "" "Forest" 9216,7527,9 10x13
1538358949922 ERROR: not adding suspicious zone "" "Forest" 9027,7540,9 199x15
1538358949922 ERROR: not adding suspicious zone "" "DeepForest" 9226,7527,9 101x300
1538358949922 ERROR: not adding suspicious zone "" "DeepForest" 9027,7555,9 199x272
1538358950016 Max #ZONES on one chunk is 26
1538358950060 Initialising RakNet...
1538358950061 znet: Java_zombie_core_raknet_RakNetPeerInterface_Init
1538358950061 znet: g_peer = 0xd78530
1538358950061 znet: Java_zombie_core_raknet_RakNetPeerInterface_SetMaximumIncomingConnections
1538358950062 znet: Java_zombie_core_raknet_RakNetPeerInterface_SetServerPort
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: zombie/core/secure/PZcrypt
        at zombie.core.raknet.UdpEngine.<init>(UdpEngine.java:52)
        at zombie.network.GameServer.startServer(GameServer.java:2409)
        at zombie.network.GameServer.main(GameServer.java:671)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: zombie.core.secure.PZcrypt
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:381)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424)
        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:331)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)
        ... 3 more
threadtools.cpp (3294) : Assertion Failed: Illegal termination of worker thread 'Thread(0x000000006E07B5E0/0x000'

C:\Temp\steamcmd\Zomboid>PAUSE
Press any key to continue . . .

------------------------------

I can confirm there is no objects.lua file located in /media/maps/West Point, KY. I have my servertest.ini file set to use "Map=Muldraugh, KY"

Is there another thread which might offer additional information for this error?

Thanks for any information.

console.txt

20 minutes ago, TNightster said:

I have updated my version using:  +app_update 380870 -beta latest_experimental validate

There's no latest_experimental branch. It's called iwillbackupmysave

So, I'd assume part of the problem is that you seem to have a mix of both files from build 39 and the IWBUMS build.

I started getting this "failed to open for writing" error with update 40.21,  the game was having split second "hiccups" and that's how I noticed. I'm only using necroforge but it still happens without mods and in old and fresh saves alike. I didn't get it while hosting a test server, so I assume It's sp related.

5bb23101e67d9_Sinttulo.thumb.png.13d31338fc8c8814fec025b19c253cc5.png

SI version 40.25 released to IWBUMS beta

NEW

• Added Loot All and Transfer All commands to the inventory context menu when using a controller.
  • Added 'More Info' panel for Weather survival guide.
  • Updated weather pattern generation (more random, shorter overall, less dark periods, clearings)
  • Updated clouds, new textures and adjusted alpha plus nightfix
  • Updated climate update sequence (for example: admin can now override night)
  • Improved ground snow accumulation (should now also work when making it snow via panels granted other variables like temperature dont make it instantly melt)
  • Weather periods can now be fully modded, including a designated 'modded' stage which can be freely modified.
  • Clothing now shows insulation bar instead of temperature

BALANCE

• Changed colors of server and shout in chatbox
  • Frozen food no longer allowed as the primary ingredient in evolved recipes.
  • Can no longer use rotten bread slices when cooking level is less than 7.
  • Updated translations added.
  • Added several missing vehicles zones (mccoy, fossoil) & improved gas station vehicles spawning.
  •  

FIX

• Fixed exception when a vehicle crashes near a fire.
  • Fixed loot sometimes respawning too soon.
  • Fixed "map_zone.bin could not be saved" multiplayer error.
  • Fixed /adduser not encrypting the new password.
  • Fixed weight-gain and weight-loss indicators appearing at the same time. Also fixed increased weight-gain.
  • Fixed McCoy vehicles not spawning.
  • Fixed weight-gain indicator position in character-info screen.
  • Fixed possibly not being able to click the bottom options in the vertical menu.
  • Fixed typing a message in admin chat without a command or target stream sending the message to the admin stream
  • Fixed typing a message in the normal chat panel without a command or target stream should sending the message to local chat
  • Fixed teleport command not working with names
  • Fixed missing teleportto command
  • Fixed red font for system messages and shout being hard to read
  • Fixed 'error with packet 127' (Discord)
  • Fixed missing comma in UI_EN.txt
  • Fixed multithreading issue with RenderSkybox.
  • Fixed dead zeds lying on map blocks
  • Fixed green corpses caused by RenderSkybox().
  • Fixed exception when plastering walls.
  • Fixed long welcome messages do not wrap properly
  • Fixed PZPopMan's handling of non-ascii filenames.
  • Fixed server message not being shown. Authors now show on screen.
  • Fixed AnnounceDeath message not showing in chat
  • Fixed general tab of chat being added twice.
  • Fixed wave signals not being ignored until player fully connected to server and chat manager is working
  • Fixed InvalidOperation on Mac
  • Fixed wrong calcul in failure of damaging part when installing it.
  • Fixed missing some vehicles definitions (Fossoil wasn't spawning + a few variant of existing models)
  • Fixed wrong distributions table for some vehicles (postal vans weren't spawning anything)
  • Fixed positions zombies stand at when surrounding a vehicle.
  • Fixed some soap items not being able to clean clothing.
  • Fixed crowds of zombies launching vehicles like bottle rockets. Vehicles can still be jostled around by large hordes, but shouldn't go flying
  • off at high speed anymore.
  • Fixed errors loading vehicles whose script is no longer defined by picking a random script.
  • Fixed coop server not starting if -cachedir= didn't end in "/Zomboid"
  • Fixed ISEquippedItem exception when not in debug mode.
  • Fixed vehicle force-field not checking for vehicles on neighbouring chunks - caused issues with zed pathfinding and trapped players.
  • Fixed not being able to open a vehicle's trunk at certain angles.
  • Fixed exception when a zombie's square is null.