RELEASED: IWBUMS Build 40.18

Batsphinx

21 hours ago, maxter23323 said:

1) Before building my own furniture, I've decided to take some from the neighbouring houses.  The bug occured two times when I tried to move a two-tiled cabinet and a two-tiled single person bed. I remember that previously such objects were shown in the invetory in two parts of one certain object(with "1/2" and "2/2" prefix).  I had a 60% of success, and after I successeded, I only got "1/2" part, and never "2/2"(it was also not lying on the ground near by).  Not only that, but I also wasnt able to drop "1/2" part on the floor, so In order to get rid of it I needed to find a suitable container that would fit that 20 weight object. That was the only way to move it out of my inventory.
2) I've decided to build wooden walls around my house, and I was level 4 at carpentery when I've finished to build a frame perimiter. The only thing left was to make "level 2" wooden walls out the frames. Before starting doing it, I've read a "Carpentery book 3". in order to get more xp.  And aftet that, while building walls I've noticed a bug that making one "level 2 wall" out of the frame gave me around 150 XP!(I noticed that because of too frequent leveling up sound"). So I could easily get a new level with building 3 walls and using only 6 planks, which in my opinion is a balancing issue. And dont know if it matters, but I have a fast learner trait.

1) Definitely seems like it could be a bug, but if you could, post a gif or a link to a video with the problem, because it also could very well be a mechanical error (no offense) on your part. Just wanna rule some stuff out as the devs do look at these threads.

2) Again, might have the possibility of being a bug, but check your sandbox settings and see if your experience multiplier is to blame. Also do you have any mods which might affect either of these things?

I choose carpenter and have a base 300% multiplier and the only things I get more than 150 xp on, at 4x base multiplier, is dismantling large double beds. 

1) pt.2: have you tried using the "place" option in the building interface? 

On 9/10/2018 at 11:47 AM, junglistjim said:

hi

build a level one wall and door.

i upgraded the doorframe to level2 and the walls to level 2. cant get through door now.

checked with a few other level 1 doors -when doorframe is upgraded to level 2 you cant get through.

think we need door upgrades as well. would look much nicer.

33 minutes ago, thejoker954 said:

have an issue where upgrading door frames no longer lets me walk through. I had to demolish the door frames and build as a higher level to get them working again.

Can either of you two post a video or gif?

EDIT: Nvm, devs on it.

Edited by PapayaKing

VERSION 40.16 RELEASED TO IWBUMS!

NOTES:

1. This might come packaged with an issue on some graphics cards due to a shader issue. We have a Radeon 390 on our internal testers, and it's playing up a bit. Please let us know if you have any problems, so we know how widespread an issue it is. Thank you!

2. EP has also fixed an OLD bug that had zombies being immune to attacks while staggering backwards. This might create other bugs though, so please let us know if anything weird happens around smacking zeds around with melee weapons

NEW

• Reflective windows on vehicles
  • Added player temperature rework including better time control and overall system
  • Added insulation value (0.0 to 1.0) for clothing items
  • Added ability to switch between Celsius and Farhenheit
  • Added proper windspeed kph & windchill factor, and info moodle
  • Wind is better reflected by fx (snow, rain, clouds)
  • Added options to debugger to trigger storms and blizzard
  • Improved storms and blizzard

BALANCE

• Updated translations.
  • Renamed Metal Tube as Metal Pipe.
  • Removed Pipe (plastic one) from recipes/dropping table, and now use Metal Pipe instead.
  • Improved the appearance of crafting tooltips.
  • 'Road Rage' trait renamed as 'Speed Demon'
  • Digital watch now shows temperature
  • Adjusted increased min cone night a bit

MODDING

• Changed spawnchance for vehicle type definition from an Int to a Float.

FIXES

• Fixed upgraded door frames blocking player movement.
  • Fixed the delay before right-clicking starts aiming being shorter at higher framerates. (At 120fps, right-clicking to bring up the context menu could often initiate aiming.)
  • Fixed player entering attack stance when pressing the Control key while the mouse is over the inventory window.
  • Fixed the player aiming when the mouse is over the inventory tooltip
  • Fixed fire and smoke sprites being drawn as part of the floor - being covered by snow etc
  • Fixed corpses appearing black when first loading a saved game.
  • Fixed items that should spawn in bags sometimes spawning in the container the bag is inside.
  • Fixed adding bait to traps not working.
  • Fixed not being able to get command history in chat panel
  • Fixed 'Plays Baseball' trait not working properly.
  • Fixed 'Q' shout not attracting zombies.
  • Fixed not being able to make a pot of soup with a canned mushroom soup.
  • Fixed not being able to refill an empty Propane Torch
  • Fixed 'GameServer.hitZombie() doesn't handle vehicles being hit by players' issue
  • Fixed BodyDamage.FoodSicknessLevel going below zero.
  • Fixed slices of Cake and Pie not inheriting stats from the original item.
  • Fixed sound-related exception when smoking cigarettes or drinking from a bottle.
  • Fixed a second-story room in the Mall that wasn't considered a room for plumbing/electricity purposes.
  • Fixed zombies being immune to attacks while staggering backwards. (This is an OLD much-complained about issue in MP, so yay.)
  • Fixed zombies with 3D models not facing the player when shoved.
  • Fixed News.txt not being read from mods.
  • Fixed passengers being able to fall out of a moving car in MP and be run over if they disconnect briefly
  • Fixed cold damage only when hypo 4
  • Fixed damage not stopping when in positive surroundings and rate of damage limited to x per min
  • Fixed fog oversaturation during night
  • Fixed viewdistance value not being adjusted properly
  • Fixed rain appearing to be stretched
  • Fixed campfires no longer trying to spread to non-burning floors regardless of items/objects on it.

9 hours ago, Batsphinx said:

snip

Great fixes and additions. I have 2 questions, though:

Do campfires warm you up correctly now?

Has fuel economy for Sunday Driver and Speed demon been balanced (both perks are terrible for fuel economy, and Speed demon overall does not belong to positive perks category to be honest).

Edited by Geras

A few things. The headlight issue has returned, with the vision cone increasing  but light not being emitted. Secondly, the battery level on the left of the dash is incorrectly displaying temperature. Look at my digital watch and then look at the dash and you will see. I will upload a gif of the light issues at night in a little bit. The car goes completely black at night. 

Project Zomboid Screenshot 2018.09.13 - 15.44.53.21.png

31 minutes ago, PapayaKing said:

A few things. The headlight issue has returned, with the vision cone increasing  but light not being emitted. Secondly, the battery level on the left of the dash is incorrectly displaying temperature. Look at my digital watch and then look at the dash and you will see. I will upload a gif of the light issues at night in a little bit. The car goes completely black at night. 

Project Zomboid Screenshot 2018.09.13 - 15.44.53.21.png

Your digital watch is displaying the air temperature around you, than means the air inside the car. Which can change using the heater or the cooler. The temperature displayed on the car is the outside temperature.

4 hours ago, axeladalidez78 said:

Your digital watch is displaying the air temperature around you, than means the air inside the car. Which can change using the heater or the cooler. The temperature displayed on the car is the outside temperature.

4 hours ago, axeladalidez78 said:

I'm well aware of how thermometers work in cars, but it wasn't in the changelog, hence I feel it a bug. But I haven't been back on today so I'll post back here when I can test it more.  If it is in fact a feature, I would like to be able to change it back. I wan't to know when my battery is going to die, and if it was meant to be implemented, it seems as though they wouldn't have thrown away such a useful feature.

EDIT: Also, When I took that picture, I had been sitting there for 5-6 in-game hours, and I don't have a front windshield. The temperature should've been the same after that long, but then again who knows how the temperature works.

Edited by PapayaKing

17 minutes ago, PapayaKing said:

I'm well aware of how thermometers work in cars, but it wasn't in the changelog, hence I feel it a bug. But I haven't been back on today so I'll post back here when I can test it more.  If it is in fact a feature, I would like to be able to change it back. I wan't to know when my battery is going to die, and if it was meant to be implemented, it seems as though they wouldn't have thrown away such a useful feature.

EDIT: Also, When I took that picture, I had been sitting there for 5-6 in-game hours, and I don't have a front windshield. The temperature should've been the same after that long, but then again who knows how the temperature works.

the temperature display in the car has always been there. there was never a battery level indicator.  they simply added an option between Celsius and Fahrenheit with Fahrenheit being the default now.

34 minutes ago, thejoker954 said:

the temperature display in the car has always been there. there was never a battery level indicator.  they simply added an option between Celsius and Fahrenheit with Fahrenheit being the default now.

You've gotta be absolutely kidding me. Even starting the game from the initial infection, in May or whenever, and well into summer, I was watching it go down into single digits sometimes, and almost always into the teens.  This is news to me. The numbers were consistently so low to me that I always thought they were a misrepresentation of the voltage in a battery. The picture that I posted is the first time I've ever seen that number above 30-34. Absolutely crazy. Thank you though, friend.

10 hours ago, axeladalidez78 said:

About the graphics card problem. I'm using a Radeon R5 330 (OEM).  When I start a game, I'm unable to zoom and the shaders get disabled unless I change something (anything) on the display menu and select apply. After this everything goes back to normal.

Hey, axeladalidez78 these setting changes/issues happen in any particular scenario? I've noticed similar issues in the newest additions to challenges (winter and mist)

36 minutes ago, Pandorea said:

Hey, axeladalidez78 these setting changes/issues happen in any particular scenario? I've noticed similar issues in the newest additions to challenges (winter and mist)

It was happening very often yesterday, but it looks like it "fixed itself". I've tried first week, survival and winter is coming but it doesn't happen anymore. Although I think it happened more often on these scenarios, yeah.

On 13/09/2018 at 2:20 PM, Batsphinx said:

VERSION 40.16 RELEASED TO IWBUMS!

NOTES:

1. This might come packaged with an issue on some graphics cards due to a shader issue. We have a Radeon 390 on our internal testers, and it's playing up a bit. Please let us know if you have any problems, so we know how widespread an issue it is. Thank you!

The screen freezes a lot since the update, especially when my character approach a handmade construction.

I can hear my footsteps, but can't interact with the screen. 

My steam overlay is disabled.

My graphic card is AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series.

3 hours ago, Massi said:

It's me or since the last update of 40.12, at 40.16 the cold system is a bit weaker, no change in temperature is noticeable, being zero centered in ºC, they do not affect much the Character

20180914104752_1.thumb.jpg.6920d4f80ad551a41665b836f462c936.jpg

It definitely seems like you should be cold in -11C, but I think they really improved the insulation of sweaters, seeing as how they're the only practical clothing we have against the cold. But yeah the cold/hot mechanics have been pretty wacky since the weather IWBUMS release. You're definitely on to something though, I haven't even made it to winter yet. 

7 hours ago, axeladalidez78 said:

It was happening very often yesterday, but it looks like it "fixed itself". I've tried first week, survival and winter is coming but it doesn't happen anymore. Although I think it happened more often on these scenarios, yeah.

Maybe a good ol' restart fixed it?

4 hours ago, Massi said:

It's me or since the last update of 40.12, at 40.16 the cold system is a bit weaker, no change in temperature is noticeable, being zero centered in ºC, they do not affect much the Character

20180914104752_1.thumb.jpg.6920d4f80ad551a41665b836f462c936.jpg

I've been in the winter is coming scenario and when fully equipped with a sweater, pants, shoes and being completely healthy you can actually withstand temperatures around -30ºC inside a building. If the air gets colder than -30ºC you should start getting cold. Considering that this set of clothing is the warmest one we have, I think it's fair enough that at least we don't freeze to death on -10ºC like before. I suppose that on the Anims update, with the new clothing system, this would be rebalanced.

Edited by axeladalidez78

39 minutes ago, axeladalidez78 said:

Actually, It's hasn't stopped happening, but it starts with some specific scenarios. In my case custom sandbox.

Sadly, I don't have an AMD card so I wouldn't be of use suggesting anything. Best of luck with that friend. At least they already know about it so you shouldn't have anything to worry about in the long-run. 

2 hours ago, PapayaKing said:

Sadly, I don't have an AMD card so I wouldn't be of use suggesting anything. Best of luck with that friend. At least they already know about it so you shouldn't have anything to worry about in the long-run. 

It's extremely easy to fix, you only have to click something on the display settings and that's it. Thanks anyway.

Edited by axeladalidez78

I'm experiencing total freezing of the game whenever it starts to rain or when I enter a specific part of a building. The game keeps playing but the visuals are completely frozen.

When this happens, the console repeats constantly this message:

Spoiler

org.lwjgl.opengl.OpenGLException: Stack underflow (1284)
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.Util.checkGLError(Util.java:59)
    at zombie.core.Core.DoEndFrameStuffFx(Core.java:2753)
    at zombie.core.textures.TextureDraw.run(TextureDraw.java:426)
    at zombie.core.SpriteRenderer$RingBuffer$StateRun.render(SpriteRenderer.java:557)
    at zombie.core.SpriteRenderer$RingBuffer.render(SpriteRenderer.java:515)
    at zombie.core.SpriteRenderer$RingBuffer.add(SpriteRenderer.java:221)
    at zombie.core.SpriteRenderer.build(SpriteRenderer.java:1086)
    at zombie.core.SpriteRenderer.postRender(SpriteRenderer.java:1157)
    at zombie.core.opengl.RenderThread$1.run(RenderThread.java:96)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)