Jar of [Food] "minor" bugs

Vaileasys

These are a few bugs I've noticed associated with all the Jar of [Food] in build 40.7.

1. Cooking
They all have an "Uncooked" tag, which upon cooking, doesn't seem to do anything, apart from changing to "Cooked". Burning gives the usual +20 boredom and unhappiness, except it can't be eaten, only opened. Upon opening, nothing seems to have changed with the contents.

Possibly I'm missing something? I considered it might be part of the pickling process, however I don't think that's normal when pickling food. They are set to be cookable in newitems.txt. So maybe just leftover code after switching from making jam?

Snippet from newitems.txt, associated with each pickled food.

OnCooked            =       CannedFood_OnCooked,
		IsCookable	        =	    TRUE,
        MinutesToBurn	    =	    120,
        MinutesToCook	    =	    60,

2. Nutrition
While they can't be consumed as is, the nutrition values are shown if you have the nutritionist trait, although they are all 0 (zero). In newitems.txt they don't have any, not that they need them though. Just a minor hassle seeing the nutrition values.

3. Opening
Opening a jar will only return the contents and the empty jar, but not the lid.

1) Cooking (basically meant to mean submerging in boiling water to seal the jarred food) extends their shelf life from a few days to months. Canning was added before boiling water was a thing.

2) No idea how nutrition works with them. 

3) is intentional, as in real life the lids are one-use. Though I'd rather each lid had a use-delta and a increased chance for failure with each subsequent usage, rather than just vanish. It could then become a "normal," non air-tight lid suitable for pickling or storage.

Honourable mention: Canning, jamming, and pickling all use the same evolved recipe from what I remember. I wish that wasn't the case. 

• 2 months later...
34 minutes ago, Laird Thaddeus said:

as some one that does make pickles and jams at home i would say a jar lid is not a 1 time use. i re-use lids all the time. its the hot contents cooling that seals the lid and gives you the pop button on top.

Are you using reusable lids or specific jars?

It's the gasket material on the lid that provides the seal, not just the lid by itself. It wears out quickly.

http://imgur.com/a/bPuZZT2

6 hours ago, Laird Thaddeus said:

single piece lids, they dont last forever but they are still good for a couple of uses generally.

Yeah, that makes more sense.

I saw single-use as more of a placeholder until we had time to make them deteriorate with several uses. I'd be really cool to have a chance to fail over time-based on the condition of the lid (or the method of canning).  But, like many things, there's just not enough time in the day to get to it. :(