Got the car locked with the key in the ignition

clickba

huh i'm new both to the game and this community and i have gotten a extremely dumb problem, i might have placed all my loot inside of a car and then i closed the doors and got out, only after a while i realized that i've got my loot completely stuck and i cant seem to be able to break a window or something like that.
Does anyone have the same problem? xD is there anything i can do to fix it or do i just gotta move on and remember not to do something as dumb as that again?

Edit: as i wasn't able to "remake" the problem i've realized that it might be some sort of glitch because you can only lock to doors with the key and when you leave the car the door unlocks.
for those reasons i thought that i should explain how i "achieved" this dumb mistake xD

So I was traveling from the first city to west point with a small car full of bags with all my resources in it when i got to the parking lot of "barg-n-clothes" i found a truck with way more space for baggage so i grabbed all the items and while i was inside of the truck i started placing the loot inside of each seat, I then misclicked and instead of placing the bag itself with the items in it, i placed all the items directly in one of the seats of the truck, i then realized my mistake and spammed ESC and V and tried almost any command to try and cancel the placement of the loot. As there is no such thing as canceling the placement my character just continued to place the items and when he finished he went through all the actions i had previously spammed and so he got in and out of the truck like 10 times in a row and closed every door opened them again closed them.. you get the point ( this was all with the key still inside of the ignition as apparently if you are doing a action like placing items the game doesn't actually need the key(or something like that??) ) and so once all the actions were done i was outside of the truck with the key inside of the ignition and all the doors locked. I have no idea what to do a the moment and i urgently need a reply :)

10 hours ago, clickba said:

is there a way to install another window? if so how do i get one? because if i do that i don't know if i feel safe living in a car that had no windows xD
thx a lot of the reply by the way

You can find windows in car services or steal one from another vehicle.

14 hours ago, clickba said:

is there a way to install another window? if so how do i get one? because if i do that i don't know if i feel safe living in a car that had no windows xD
thx a lot of the reply by the way

What do we learn from this?..do not spam the keys :) That said, Esc should have stopped the action, I'll look into it.

To uninstall / reinstall a car window successfully you'll need a screwdriver in your main inventory, a mechanics skill at level 3, one of the Laines magazines (for intermediates), a second vehicle. Then use V > Vehicle mechanics > RMC a window you'd like to uninstall > job done. To install that window in your car, follow those steps but use > install window option. 

There is less chance your char will succeed if your Mechanics skill is low...Lucky that "Smash window" option is also available from the same menu.

Archived