WEATHER TEST BUILD - New thread and full changelist for 40.6

Batsphinx

So I've been testing and I've found some bugs. The first one has to do with vehicles, looks like my character gets a clothing bonus debuff by the wind while on the car with the windows closed. My character also gets wet while on the car, and the windshield is not broken, the car is completely new.

About the winter is coming challenge. On a normal playtrough, everything seems to work fine, but leaving the save and entering again "resets" the weather system. Either the temperature restarts and goes down again, or the temperature restarts and acts like a warm summer after the blizzard occurred. Although rain is replaced by snow, but it doesn't accumulate because the temperature is around 25ºC, like a normal game.

Really seems tough to warm up, got a sweater in a fully undamaged van with the heater on full blast. Moodles said I was warming up (was at hypothermic) but still died. The journey for the sweater and subsequent trek back to the van really messed with the temperature and my character recovering, but if I didn't try for one I probably would have died anyway. This was Six Months Later so I'm not aware if there have been changes to make SML even tougher.

10 hours ago, MadDan2013 said:

Really seems tough to warm up, got a sweater in a fully undamaged van with the heater on full blast. Moodles said I was warming up (was at hypothermic) but still died. The journey for the sweater and subsequent trek back to the van really messed with the temperature and my character recovering, but if I didn't try for one I probably would have died anyway. This was Six Months Later so I'm not aware if there have been changes to make SML even tougher.

Vehicle temperature stuff might still be buggy, you can certainly still get wet in a vehicle from the rain.

4 minutes ago, Batsphinx said:

Vehicle temperature stuff might still be buggy, you can certainly still get wet in a vehicle from the rain.

Turning on the AC to max cool also gives me hyperthermia even if I get out of the vehicle and take off my shirt and I am cooling down my health goes up and down constantly.

Edited by sharkstertheshark

BUILD 40.8 RELEASED TO WEATHER BETA

NEW

Added player body temperature info to moodles
Updated menu screen with vertical rather than horizontal options - due to problems with taskbar in latest Windows Updates.
Added a UI to display status and error messages when attempting to connect to a server.
Added a chevrons on character screen next to the weight to indicate if weight is increasing or decreasing.

BALANCE

Moved the ServerToolbox (and Lua DebugConsole) close buttons to the left to match other windows.

FIXED

Fixed not being able to place or build things through an open doorway.
Fixed creating ".project_zomboid_2.9.9.17" hidden folder on Linux
Fixed target-picking cursors (such as the moveable-tools cursor) getting in the way when the player attacks. …
Fixed SGlobalObjectSystem error when a thumpable is destroyed.
Fixed name of sound that plays when a carpentry objects break.
Fixed ISBuildAction exception.
Fixed barricaded doors being disassembled and leaving the barricade behind. …
Fixed Multiplayer Players UI and invite-friends UI being too transparent
Fixed lighting not updating after teleporting in multiplayer.
Fixed trunk area sizes being incorrect sometimes with Yuri's expanded vehicle bounds
Fixed vehicles texture names in scripts being lowercase and uppercase in file system
Fixed god mode server command not working
Fixed tires squealing when pressing W to turn on the car
Fixed DiscordBot trying to send an image to the game client, but instead showing a blank line
Fixed LoadGameScreen exception with the demo.
Fixed controller issues with the new vertical menu and ConnectToServer UI.
Fixed bug with lightR/lightG/lightB sprite property value "0".
Fixed update() getting called for MainScreen (and all its descendant UIElements) while in-game.
Fixed FMOD Occlusion parameter not being set to zero when starting sounds.
Fixed engine speed not setting to the engineIdleSpeed value when player press the brake button.
Fixed teleport command only accepting the first argument
Fixed Admin tab can leaking messages if a different stream is supplied. Separate history also introduced.
Fixed vehicle turning radius when accelerating is very large
Fixed not being able to add players to Factions when they were connected before you on the server.
Fixed the /createhorde function crashing servers by limiting zed spawn to 500
Fixed AddItem command needing username to generate an item. Username and count no longer required. It's optional now.
Fixed missing Linux and Mac jre/bin/ directories. … 
Fixed small car idling at 2000 RPM
Fixed profession change by Admin transmitting to all players in MP.
Fixed addvehicle "Base.SportsCar" "EnigmaGrey" command not working without quotes
Fixed Open/Non Open server options: …
Fixed player not needing an account password when connecting to a server.
Fixed having to use tab to switch tabs as an admin, rather than allowing mouse clicks
Fixed not having the "edit admin power" button in the admin panel.
Fixed some spawned tiles by Erosion not being able to be removed.
Fixed commands that have no parameters send 'wrong arguments' message
Fixed sound radius bug that made zombies unresponsive in weather builds

• 2 weeks later...

The 'locked door' sound is playing very quietly, had to crank my volume to hear it.

I'm not too sure about this progression toward hypothermia. Yesterday, I started a new character in mid-April and nearly died early in the second day, wearing a sweater indoors. I was able to find some car keys, so I hung out parked in a corner with the heater blasted. The following days I never even approached a cold moodle. Also have you considered adding a thermometer item? It's not uncommon for houses(in the midwest at least) to have them mounted outside on window sills. Either way, it would be nice to have some feedback now that weather is going to take a bigger role, or even have our characters say "it feels like..." in our Info panels.

Did anything change with Environmental Attacks? I usually have it turned off with zombie hearing set to Poor. In this run I've got it off but hearing at Normal. I'm not exactly banging around inside when I sleep, but when waking up, there's been groups going relentlessly after two particular metal-barricaded windows for about 3 game days now. I've kept this option off for many patches now to avoid the constant barrage. I like the idea of them trying to get in, just that the frequency wasn't fun; adding "repair barricades' between every task was too much.