Editing vanilla Knox County map?

Eggtooth

19 hours ago, Eggtooth said:

This is creating new map, not editing current one in game. I look to edit current one in game.

The only way of "editing" the vanilla map (or any other mod map that you didn't make) is to make a new cell that replaces the cell you want to edit or replace, using the guide listed above.

On 17.08.2018 at 6:58 PM, RingoD123 said:

The only way of "editing" the vanilla map (or any other mod map that you didn't make) is to make a new cell that replaces the cell you want to edit or replace, using the guide listed above.

Oh okay, because I wanted to see if I could push vanilla's map detail to the limit. 

On 18/08/2018 at 2:28 AM, RingoD123 said:

@RingoD123 You say that a cell must be replaced, which is understandable. 

Is it possible (for vanilla) to access this cell data? It's .tmx file? So then the editor tools could be used to modify that cell, and the new lot files replacing the same cell?

Or, would the cell have to be 100% recreated from scratch?

100% recreated from scratch, I doubt we would be releasing the internal map files at least until the vanilla map is 100% complete and released as otherwise modders would have access to areas and buildings not yet released to the public, which we wouldnt want "spoiled" or used in mods before we have released them ourselves.

However, Blindcoders map is a great resource to help recreate vanilla cells, not only can you see the whole world without having to be in game and run around but it also gives cell and tile cordinates which massively help to get your roads etc lined up.

Thanks Ringo, 

I know it's been a very heavily requested /asked about thing - going back through all the pages of this subforum, it's asked about almost twice per page.

There was a lot of old information, just wasn't sure how current it is. 

Aye, I've used that over the last week or so to identify cells which are able to be easily replaced (such as ones along the highways with only vegetation in the cell), but, considering that the vanilla .tbx files are not released either - it makes any cell replacements very hard to do. I understand the reasoning behind holding on to the files, but I believe there would be a large boom in custom content if any of those were to be released as a resource.

Edited by Bejasc