Player built walls zombie resistance overhaul - "buffer HP"

Geras

(Not my idea, but I found it brilliant. It got lost somewhere on this forum, and never had a separate topic created.)

One of the users suggested a rather long time ago that player built walls should not be able to be destroyed by a single zombie. He or she suggested that walls should have "buffer HP".

Imagine, now even a single zombie can destroy a lvl 10 carpentry wall or lvl 10 metalworking wall given enough time to head-butt at it. With wall "buffer HP" that would change and make walls more realistic and more resilient to zombie damage."Buffer HP" would be an additional wall HP that regenerates quickly on top of existing wall HP.

How would it work in practice?

For example, a lvl 4 carpentry section of log wall would have enough "buffer HP" to withstand an attack of 5 zombies at a time (total amount of zombie damage from 5 zombies would not get past the regenerating "buffer HP"), but if another zombie comes and head-butts the same wall section, they get past "buffer HP" and destroy the wall in time normally, as it happens now.

My suggestion for the amount of "buffer HP" would be as follows:

(Numbers could be balanced, I don't even know if it's possible to fit 14 zombies on a tile of map)

Standard board wall + board window barricades + wooden doors (weakest of all walls):

(Add 1 zombie resistance if playing a Carpenter, Construction Worker or Engineer)

- lvl 1-2 carpentry: 2 zombies needed to destroy a section (so 1 zombie will not be able to destroy a section)

- lvl 3-4 carpentry: 3 zombies needed to destroy a section

- lvl 5-6 carpentry: 4 zombies needed to destroy a section

- lvl 7-8 carpentry: 5 zombies needed to destroy a section

- lvl 9-10 carpentry: 6 zombies needed to destroy a section

Log wall (strong defensive wall)

(Add 1 zombie resistance if playing a Carpenter, Lumberjack or Engineer)

- lvl 1-2 carpentry: 4 zombies needed to destroy a section

- lvl 3-4 carpentry: 5 zombies needed to destroy a section

- lvl 5-6 carpentry: 6 zombies needed to destroy a section

- lvl 7-8 carpentry: 7 zombies needed to destroy a section

- lvl 9-10 carpentry: 8 zombies needed to destroy a section

Metal wall + sheet metal window barricades + metal doors (ultimate zombie defence) (can we make metal doors?)

(Add 1 zombie resistance if playing a Metalworker, Construction Worker or Engineer)

- lvl 1-2 metalworking: 6 zombies needed to destroy a section

- lvl 3-4 metalworking: 8 zombies needed to destroy a section

- lvl 5-6 metalworking: 10 zombies needed to destroy a section

- lvl 7-8 metalworking: 12 zombies needed to destroy a section

- lvl 9-10 metalworking: 14 zombies needed to destroy a section

Edited by Geras

• 5 weeks later...