Opening cutscene/scenario when starting in "How it began" setting.

Icy Motto

I recently saw a very good post on the PZ steam community hub that someone did, the user "ArtyomRex01" shared the image I've attached and would like to share for you guys to see. He gave me permission of course.1532305768_Screenshot_5_Panic.thumb.png.17321533e0999daf17dc6db8fb5fd0af.png

I would like to know what your thoughts are for something like this to be implemented into the game once it releases. Though frankly, I remember the devs saying they might not do something like this. But then again, why are they putting hints in the game to how the outbreak happened? (Radio stations talking about this, TV news broadcasts etc...) It would be very cool for this to be in the game in my opinion and would only make sense as a visual to the broadcasts and talks about it.

EDIT: I might have not been clear enough, I want something like this only as an opening cutscene when starting up a new game in "The First Week/Initial Infection" NOT a scenerio to play as, since devs confirmed there will not be any "before" outbreak stuff to play with. Just kind of like a short cinematic that shows chaos right before the phrases that go with the black screen "This is How You Died" .

Also, thanks to the author for letting me post this as his artwork here is very good. :)

Edited by Icy Motto

Might be good, but it's up to the devs, they might shy away from this sort of set story mode. No problem if both are able to be played right? I guess it's just scripting that's a issue. Although i would love a cop last stand or something. But remember nothing before outbreak

Devs, you see this? THIS IS HOW YOUR MAP SHOULD LOOK. This is how game should look post-apocalypse. Roadblocks, crashed, randomly scattered cars, lots of trash on the streets and such. Of course minus the people.

Why is the map so sterile right now? The game would look massively better if we had something like on that screenshot..

I mean, screw the cinematic, the game needs to look like THIS. Devs never watched The Walking Dead? Never seen how cars, buses, random objects and other stuff is scattered across the streets? 

Edited by Eggtooth

2 hours ago, Eggtooth said:

Devs, you see this? THIS IS HOW YOUR MAP SHOULD LOOK. This is how game should look post-apocalypse. Roadblocks, crashed, randomly scattered cars, lots of trash on the streets and such. Of course minus the people.

Why is the map so sterile right now? The game would look massively better if we had something like on that screenshot..

I mean, screw the cinematic, the game needs to look like THIS. Devs never watched The Walking Dead? Never seen how cars, buses, random objects and other stuff is scattered across the streets? 

You should do a little research into the lore of PZ. 

Besides, I think we'd all prefer that TIS keep working on other systems of the game, instead of doing something modders can do already ;) 

On 8.08.2018 at 2:00 AM, Bejasc said:

You should do a little research into the lore of PZ. 

Besides, I think we'd all prefer that TIS keep working on other systems of the game, instead of doing something modders can do already ;) 

Lore of PZ? Lore of PZ seems a bit like excuse to keep it lazy from making the actual map look somewhat decent.

I didnt't see a single mod that brings this into the game. Since someone is working on Louisville, maybe instead of working on Louisville they should improve how current map looks. The part north of Airfield looks so barren, empty and pretty much lacks any sort of detail there. 

Do not tell me that police/fire departaments wouldn't make blockades and such. They would.  They always would, especially with unknown threat like this. Especially with Zombies. Lore should not be leverage to keep map empty and barren of any semblence of detail. I mean for the love of god, offices don't even have any computers inside... or any other detail that would make this world more believable. I am not asking for slopes or terrain height differencies, but I am asking for simply increasing the detail of the current map with such random scattered objects to make world feel actually like it was used and lived by humans before crap hit the fan. The best where devs did it was the car wreck congestion on the intersections - when I first saw it, it made me say "HOLY SH*T". This game /needs/ this sort of detail to increase this wow factor and increase believability of the world and replay value (because as it stands, after 50 hours I am just bored of this game, because everything blends together). I get it there were congestions on bridges and that people tried to leave - but it's played out so unrealistically (aka all burnt cars? Not crashed wrecks?) that it's taking away from actual immersion. 

The map as it stands is just alright, but it's empty. It lacks detail. It's just couple of buildings, sometimes two cars crashed on the road and once in a while boarded building or burnt one... and that's it. There's no sign that anyone was there, the map is tidy as if it was kept tidy, even with max erosion,  there's no actual sign of the situation getting worse in the exclusion zone. Have you heard of telling the game story through visual clues? There's not many of those clues in the game as of now, just two, three, maybe four car wreck jams on the highways, maybe sometimes two crashed cars that actually don't look like they're crashed (aka too lazy to make separate model for the crashed car? Making it, you know, undriveable, just lootable?). I can barely tell as it stands what happened, I don't feel like reading text in game of the same radio stations over and over, I wanna see with my own eyes what went down in Kentucky, I want to see blocked off streets, panic taht happened, objects that people dropped when running away from imminent death, people who panicked, crashed their car into the wall and just decided to run and try to get out of exclusion zone...

Devs of PZ seem to misunderstand how visual storytelling works. I have nothing against Devs as is, but I am trying to communicate to them that they are sitting on a pile of GOLD if they JUST DID THIS. I know, it would be optimisational nightmare, but once Louisville hits, and it will be HUGE - there's no excuse. No excuse to keep base map so empty. 

Please devs, I know I was harsh. This is what your game needs however. I know Iv'e been very harsh but this game desperately needs this. It needs to give players reason for exploration other than to satisfy their in-game needs. It needs visual storytelling of some sorts.

The OP's picture told me A LOT more than game itself ever did, a still screenshot. It showed me actual story. When you'd erase humans from that picture - I could still tell more what went down. I could still tell that there was chaos.. that there was something bad going on and people had no choice but to run. That they panicked.. didn't know what to do, and didn't want to die. Anything but this barren map we have now where barely anything is being told to us.. other than the radio/tv.. which by the way gets stale after reading it 5th time.

Edited by Eggtooth

34 minutes ago, Eggtooth said:

Lore of PZ? Lore of PZ seems a bit like excuse to keep it lazy from making the actual map look somewhat decent.

I didnt't see a single mod that brings this into the game. Since someone is working on Louisville, maybe instead of working on Louisville they should improve how current map looks. The part north of Airfield looks so barren, empty and pretty much lacks any sort of detail there. 

Do not tell me that police/fire departaments wouldn't make blockades and such. They would.  They always would, especially with unknown threat like this. Especially with Zombies. Lore should not be leverage to keep map empty and barren of any semblence of detail. I mean for the love of god, offices don't even have any computers inside... or any other detail that would make this world more believable. I am not asking for slopes or terrain height differencies, but I am asking for simply increasing the detail of the current map with such random scattered objects to make world feel actually like it was used and lived by humans before crap hit the fan. The best where devs did it was the car wreck congestion on the intersections - when I first saw it, it made me say "HOLY SH*T". This game /needs/ this sort of detail to increase this wow factor and increase believability of the world and replay value (because as it stands, after 50 hours I am just bored of this game, because everything blends together). I get it there were congestions on bridges and that people tried to leave - but it's played out so unrealistically (aka all burnt cars? Not crashed wrecks?) that it's taking away from actual immersion. 

The map as it stands is just alright, but it's empty. It lacks detail. It's just couple of buildings, sometimes two cars crashed on the road and once in a while boarded building or burnt one... and that's it. There's no sign that anyone was there, the map is tidy as if it was kept tidy, even with max erosion,  there's no actual sign of the situation getting worse in the exclusion zone. Have you heard of telling the game story through visual clues? There's not many of those clues in the game as of now, just two, three, maybe four car wreck jams on the highways, maybe sometimes two crashed cars that actually don't look like they're crashed (aka too lazy to make separate model for the crashed car? Making it, you know, undriveable, just lootable?). I can barely tell as it stands what happened, I don't feel like reading text in game of the same radio stations over and over, I wanna see with my own eyes what went down in Kentucky, I want to see blocked off streets, panic taht happened, objects that people dropped when running away from imminent death, people who panicked, crashed their car into the wall and just decided to run and try to get out of exclusion zone...

Devs of PZ seem to misunderstand how visual storytelling works. I have nothing against Devs as is, but I am trying to communicate to them that they are sitting on a pile of GOLD if they JUST DID THIS. I know, it would be optimisational nightmare, but once Louisville hits, and it will be HUGE - there's no excuse. No excuse to keep base map so empty. 

Please devs, I know I was harsh. This is what your game needs however. I know Iv'e been very harsh but this game desperately needs this. It needs to give players reason for exploration other than to satisfy their in-game needs. It needs visual storytelling of some sorts.

The OP's picture told me A LOT more than game itself ever did, a still screenshot. It showed me actual story. When you'd erase humans from that picture - I could still tell more what went down. I could still tell that there was chaos.. that there was something bad going on and people had no choice but to run. That they panicked.. didn't know what to do, and didn't want to die. Anything but this barren map we have now where barely anything is being told to us.. other than the radio/tv.. which by the way gets stale after reading it 5th time.

Wait for the NPCs if you really want it.

2 hours ago, Eggtooth said:

This has nothing to do with NPC's.

Hey man, I get that you want the map to look as apocalyptic as in the picture, but I am sure the devs will get to it once it releases. They haven't even finished the map, nor did they ever say they'll leave the current towns the way the are already, I am sure they'll keep adding little thinga here and there and expand according to the actual state of Kentucky. Of course it looks "baren and empty-ish" right now but I do agree that it could use more buildings/scenery. Right now I am sure that isn't priority as no one seems to mind it. Just hang tight, I bet they'll do something about it once the game is close to release.