Setting Power and Water Shut Down Date In Sandbox

TurtleShroom

Good evening.

I am writing here concerning an odd issue I've had in my Sandbox settings. It's neither a bug nor anything wrong with the game, it's just a frustrating problem because I have no idea how to set it right.

My first play through ever was First Week, and the electricity supply lasted well over three, possibly four or five, months in. In Sandbox, however, despite setting the power and water settings to "0-365" (there is no explanation as to what that means), the power and water went out before the first month was over. How do I make it so that, like in First Week, the power and water supplies go on for most of a year?

Thank you for any assistance you may render.

-TURTLESHROOM

0-365 means that the power will go out on any random day in that timespan. 

Any option you choose that starts with '0' - there's a chance for the power/water to cut out in the first day.

If you want to have it longer, set it to another setting like 2-6 months. This will ensure that it will be at least  2 months before the power cuts out, but it will cut out before 6 months time has passed. 

There's two separate implementation for this sandbox option in the UI. Single player sandbox have a list where you choose, while the server is like you mention unexplained range. I hope it will be unified over time, if not maybe it should be suggested, as currently the default for singleplayer is IIRC is a range, while for multiplayers is 14 days, and l ike @Bejasc mentioned, range is giving you uncertainty when the water and electricity be shut down. I think players and server admin may want to tweak it further of either having a range or a fixed day with a GUI that's consistent, so I hope it'll have more tweaks in the GUI in future as that may be confusing indeed.

So if I put "182-365" in the cut off date, would that mean it would be a guarenteed six months before it cuts off, but it could cut off any time between that day and a year?

Also, why does the Sandbox settings not save the power/water cut off date? It always changes baco to "0-30" when I start a new game.

Archived