jamesorbe0

This is my suggestion to make an advantage when doing metalworking

1. Enable repairing barricade with scrap metal

2. Reinforce door with metal but can still close and open the door

3. Enable to scavenge cars for metal

4. Enable reinforce cars with metal

5. Enable making weapons with metals

6. Traps with metals

I like all of those ideas, but the biggest one for me is a pretty simple fix that'd make barricades and fences way more valuable and metalworking overall far more worth the time and effort: increase the HP of these objects considerably. Even at level 10, all of them break too quickly, so much so that carpentry is still the best defense for building due to the availability of materials and ease of leveling the skill.

7 hours ago, Lawlmonster said:

I like all of those ideas, but the biggest one for me is a pretty simple fix that'd make barricades and fences way more valuable and metalworking overall far more worth the time and effort: increase the HP of these objects considerably. Even at level 10, all of them break too quickly, so much so that carpentry is still the best defense for building due to the availability of materials and ease of leveling the skill.

Yeah we should be able to double metal sheet barricade on each side so its 4 barricade on 1 window or door

I would really enjoy more synergy between skills especially when it comes to skill gains.  Disassembling every radio on the map isn't great but that's what you have to do for electrical skill progression.  Likewise with metalcrafting.

The only broadly repairable thing on a car shouldn't be trunk.  Car should more or less be repairable in general.  It's a golden opportunity for players to utilize skills and it's passed over completely.  Obviously I'm excluding engine parts but those aren't repairable like weapons, which have a much better design.

Archived