Sandwich values are bugged

littleblueboxes

So after messing with the cooking menu I've found that the more ingredients you put in a sandwich the more Boredom and Unhappiness it gets, even stuff like fresh meats and spices. My character made a remarkable sounding ham, chicken, mustard and veggie sanwich and it had values of +60 Unhappiness and +60 Boredom or so. That's... honestly very stupid.

Fix soon please?

You need higher cooking skill to add more items without boredom, i.e. your character were so terrible at it so it just randomly slapped those ingredients there lol.

Also adding same items contribute to boredom (but they have to be preciely the same).

It's all explained here: 

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/08/2018 at 1:08 PM, Pandorea said:

Hey littleblueboxes, how fresh were the ingredients that you've used? Did the individual components have any Unhappiness or Boredom values?

A few of them likely didn't have "fresh" status, but let's be real... is a delicious open face sammich amidst the zombie apocolypse going to push someone to suicidal depression because the eggplant wasn't fresh out the freezer? Come onnnnn guys, fix that. It's silly.

We'll be removing boredom fr.food until a preference system can be added, at some point.

You can just remove the debuff by going outside or something, so I'm kind of surprised it creates such consternation. Think of it as a warning that the food is going off right at moment.

As Tails mentions it's not so much the negative moodle effect, but rather that making a sandwich with the exact same ingredients as a burger yields significantly poorer results. If it were me, I'd get rid of the sandwich/burger distinction, and convert a sandwich into a burger when you cook it.

It seems that in general, the food decay system and the cooking system needs a revisit. Pull a fresh, frozen, watermelon out of the freezer, slice it up and it turns immediately into rotten unfrozen watermelon slices, if it has sat in the freezer long enough...

Shin

• 1 year later...

I just found out you could make sandwiches.

Great, I thought! I have plentiful loot, let's make some amazing sandwich with only fresh ingredients, on day 3 of a new game. Put some ham slices, some lettuce, tomatoes, mayo and cheese on it...

Well, it's definitely satiating. However, it also gave something like 48 unhappiness and 40 boredom. 

Please fix. 

10 hours ago, ulix said:

I just found out you could make sandwiches.

Great, I thought! I have plentiful loot, let's make some amazing sandwich with only fresh ingredients, on day 3 of a new game. Put some ham slices, some lettuce, tomatoes, mayo and cheese on it...

Well, it's definitely satiating. However, it also gave something like 48 unhappiness and 40 boredom. 

Please fix. 

Boredom comes from repeatedly using the same ingredients in the same dish you're making or if the food is starting to go stale, which is signified by loss of word (Fresh) next to description. The solution is to mix Fresh foods with some stale ones to bring down the effect or to have something that is boredome reducing with your meal (read a magazine or have some wine for example). Hope this somewhat helps!

13 hours ago, Pandorea said:

Boredom comes from repeatedly using the same ingredients in the same dish you're making or if the food is starting to go stale, which is signified by loss of word (Fresh) next to description. The solution is to mix Fresh foods with some stale ones to bring down the effect or to have something that is boredome reducing with your meal (read a magazine or have some wine for example). Hope this somewhat helps!

Yes, I know all that. I used nothing stale, everything "fresh", as I said it was day 3 of a fresh game. 

Even if you use only fresh food, sandwiches will give you more and more boredom and unhappiness the more ingredients you use. So It's the opposite of how it's supposed to work, and the opposite of how it works with stir-fries, for example. It's bugged. 

I read somewhere that if you bake your own bread it works as intended, but I have not tried that yet. Maybe I will try that later. 

Edited by ulix

I went into the IWBUMS build of the game with -debug mode enabled via the steam start up. I also used the eris_food_expiry workshop steam mod to track the stale timer of food articles in game. I was able to recreate the issue of fresh sandwiches giving you a boredom and unhappiness rating.

Bread has a stale timer of 3 days (As seen on 001). If you cut this bread, you will get fresh sliced bread (As seen on 002). However, the issue lies in the time left before a bread goes stale. If a bread has a stale timer of more than or equal to 1d 12h and you cut it, it will result in fresh sliced bread with 24h left until those turn stale. No matter what time between 3d and 1d&12h you cut that bread, the stale timer on the sliced bread will be 24h. 

If you cut a bread when the stale timer is less than 1d 12h, the resulting sliced bread will be stale; giving you unhappiness and boredom (As seen in 003 and 004). Any ingredient you add onto this stale sliced bread will reduce those effects a little bit, but never enough to negate them fully.

I imagine this is the result of a piece of code determining that slicing a bread will result in stale slices if the remaining stale timer is 50% of what it originally was. I did not check how this works on refrigerated loaves of bread, but I imagine it would either result in stale slices if the refrigerated bread reaches less than 1d 12h OR if the refrigerated bread reaches 50% of its refrigerated time.

001.png

002.png

003.png

004.png

Edited by Shinyshark
Fixed image titles