Zombie Lag in Multiplayer

M700N

When I used to run the server from my home connection, yes, all the time. But now that i've moved to a VPS, i've not had any issues with lag anymore.

Keep in mind, lag can be introduced by mods too, I found Hydrocraft to be one of the worst culprits for some reason.

21 hours ago, DrunkDwarf said:

When I used to run the server from my home connection, yes, all the time. But now that i've moved to a VPS, i've not had any issues with lag anymore.

Keep in mind, lag can be introduced by mods too, I found Hydrocraft to be one of the worst culprits for some reason.

That could be what it is then. I do have a few mods on my server, Hydrocraft included. I just wondered if anyone knew a way of stopping the zeds from pausing?

5 hours ago, M700N said:

That could be what it is then. I do have a few mods on my server, Hydrocraft included. I just wondered if anyone knew a way of stopping the zeds from pausing?

If the "pauses" or lag only occurs when those mods are installed, and not on a vanilla server on the same hardware, then the problem is obviously with what the mod is doing.

I've no idea what Hydrocraft does that creates the lag, or with any other mods that might be contributing. There are certain Lua events that mods may be listening for that trigger very often, that if it was trying to run lots of code each time that event fires, could be very inefficient and cause performance problems.

If you can identify which mods are introducing the lag for your server, your best bet is to raise it with that mod developer, or if the mod can't be fixed, remove the mod.

Archived