Crashing when connecting to Multiplayer server

OfficerRonnie

Question

When I try to join a server, the game unexpectedly closes.  I can still play single player games just fine, but I can't connect to any multiplayer games.  I've tried connecting to both local multiplayer games and games on the internet.  It closes and the bat file that it leaves is attached.  The bat file usually looks fairly similar, the last line before closing the file is never an error, it is always just like another line of the connection process then the game just closes.  I'm trying to launch the game through steam, and the version is 39.67.5.  I've been trying a bunch of stuff over the last two days and here is the rundown of what I've tried so far.

• Deleting all local files and reinstalling, including deleting through steam installation directory, and deleting the zomboid folder under my user profile.
  • launching through steam, and trying to join a server
  • launching both the 32 bit and the 64 bit version the game located in the installation directory.
  • Connecting to online servers
  • a friends LAN server
  • A server hosted on my own machine.
  • Tried older versions of java, but they all act the same games wise and connecting wise.
  • Both online with steam and launching the game without any steam integration, but still same issue.
  • Tried moving directories of the game cache from my user profile to another directory.
  • Altering video settings(Turning off 3D renders, 3D models, multicore settings, etc.)

I've been searching everywhere on the forms and on google and I can't seem to find anything that works.  I would greatly appreciate any help, and let me know if there's any other kinds of log files that would be helpful.

Thank you.

forthedevs.thumb.PNG.c26a0051a8eb7e00a70d9ecd8eb33993.PNG

1 answer to this question

Archived