Good evening.

I have thoroughly enjoyed Ethanwdp's "Let Me Speak Mod", which is a coding masterpiece in and of itself.

My one problem is that the Mod's Conditional Speech causes your character to curse like a sailor and constantly take the Lord's Name In Vain. I can't have this in my "Project Zomboid", so I made an alternate to the conditional speech in the default.

This requires the full "Let Me Speak" Mod to function.

To install this Mod, you must go into the Steam Workshop folders and look for: "(STEAM CONSOLE ROOT)\steanapps\workshop\content\108600\503791964\mods\Let Me Speak!\media\lua\client". Copy and paste my "LETMESPEAKCONDITIONS.LUA" over the one in the Mod.

There you go! Now, your character will take Spiffo the Raccoon's name in vain and use euphamisms and/or Dixie-friendly words. As a bonus, I also added a few lines to the quote list. If you're okay with swearing but want a more lighthearted narration, this is also the way to go. Only one of the original lines have been cut out of the Mod ("ouchies"). They have only been censored.

With this Mod, I hope more people will engage in the "Let Me Speak" Mod and use all the wonderful features it has to offer.

The file is in the attachment below.

Thank you.

-TURTLESHROOM

---

DOWNLOAD:

letmespeakconditions.lua

Edited by TurtleShroom
Fixed issue where text was not showing up, corrected LUA formatting

• 3 months later...

I'm so sad because most mods including the let me speak full mod only have steam links which means gog users can never play the mod :(

edit: mod maker of full version of let me speak mod updated thread with direct download link! YAY!! THANKS!!! :D

https://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php?/topic/15303-let-me-speak-v143/

Edited by bobthejob