How did our character survive the pre-apocalypse?

InfectedPie

Hello everyone i have some questions about the lore feel free to comment your theories etc.

1) How did our character survive the pre-apocalypse? Almost the whole town is infected and we wake up in our bed totally unharmed? Did we stay in our home during the outbreak?

2) Infected water system?

How did the water didnt get infected? Is the filtration system working against the virus?

Sorry for my very bad English

Hello InfectedPie, very interesting and unusual questions. I'll try to answer them:

1) It always surprised me too. Our character survived 2 days already before we starting new game ( you can find out about it if you will listen to radio and TV at  the first day of survival ) -  maybe he or she was hiding at home and survived because house already  had some supplies ( food and water). But what if character spawned in special buildings like police stations, restaurants and another "non- home" spawn locations?
So i think that this "thing" is some kind of mystery at this moment. 

2) It's simple -  you can learn about it if you will listen to radio and TV broadcasts in 6-7 days of your survival. As I know, water mentioned rarely in broadcasting, but meat ( which  may be infected )  is mentioned quite often. You cand find out  the real way of spreading the infection on the second day of your survival. Here's a spoiler - if you want learn about this now:

Spoiler

Because our character is immune to infection which is transmitted in this way. Knox infection  is transmitted in two ways - 1) by air - it's deadly for most people  and maybe that's why we see so many zombies in the beginning of the game.
2) by bites and scratches - even immune characters  can't handle with this. Even if  our character  was lucky and survived the first wave of Knox Infection, he or she still  can get infected by this way. And for this reason there is no hope to  revive the civilization - almost all people is dead already  at first  weeks of apocalypse.

On 7/25/2018 at 3:09 PM, InfectedPie said:

Hello everyone i have some questions about the lore feel free to comment your theories etc.

1) How did our character survive the pre-apocalypse? Almost the whole town is infected and we wake up in our bed totally unharmed? Did we stay in our home during the outbreak?

2) Infected water system?

How did the water didnt get infected? Is the filtration system working against the virus?

Sorry for my very bad English

My character Terry Dugan was a bodyguard for the Mayor, he was in the Mayors office when the outbreak occurred and helped bring the Mayor back to his manor.

They then stayed there for 23 days before supplies began running low. They then left after the Mayors wife died with a man named Bryce 

26 minutes ago, InfectedPie said:

Well, isn't drinking water purified sevage water? And sevages includes almost every type of bacteria as i remember

No . . . I'm not aware of anywhee that draws in sewage water. Treated sewage water is released to a large water body (such as a lake or a river) and may, somewhere along the line, in minute quantities be reprocessed for drinking water.  The only exception -might- be reverse osmosis aboard a ship, but then salt water could simply be used. 

Not that I couldn't be wrong.

On 26.07.2018 at 11:18 AM, MaxD12 said:

1) It always surprised me too. Our character survived 2 days already before we starting new game ( you can find out about it if you will listen to radio and TV at  the first day of survival ) -  maybe he or she was hiding at home and survived because house already  had some supplies ( food and water). But what if character spawned in special buildings like police stations, restaurants and another "non- home" spawn locations?
So i think that this "thing" is some kind of mystery at this moment. 

Actually, two days before the game start is not a day when everyone turned. It's like the initial infection and the virus haven't been discovered yet.

Archived