Evolved Recipes

MickyPain

Hey all,

Some four years ago, I was working on an expansive mod called CCCP that added a bunch of new items and recipes.

Life happened, and I couldn't keep up with the game updates any longer, and most of the mod has been merged into Hydrocraft since.

Anyway, I have some more time on my hand now and got back to playing.

Hydrocraft is pretty cool, but it adds a bit too much for my liking so I'm thinking about just updating CCCP to work with the latest versions, delete some now obsolete things and add a few extra here and there.

Now to the question:

I can't quite figure out how to create my own evolved recipes.  Everything I tried so far either flat out doesn't work, or in some cases even crashes the game or leads to the recipe UI breaking etc. (lua errors)

Does anyone know how to create new evolved recipes, or know of a mod that does add new ones?

10 hours ago, MickyPain said:

Hey all,

Some four years ago, I was working on an expansive mod called CCCP that added a bunch of new items and recipes.

Life happened, and I couldn't keep up with the game updates any longer, and most of the mod has been merged into Hydrocraft since.

Anyway, I have some more time on my hand now and got back to playing.

Hydrocraft is pretty cool, but it adds a bit too much for my liking so I'm thinking about just updating CCCP to work with the latest versions, delete some now obsolete things and add a few extra here and there.

Now to the question:

I can't quite figure out how to create my own evolved recipes.  Everything I tried so far either flat out doesn't work, or in some cases even crashes the game or leads to the recipe UI breaking etc. (lua errors)

Does anyone know how to create new evolved recipes, or know of a mod that does add new ones?

Not a modder myself, but maybe you could look at the code of other mods? My food list spreadsheet could come handy too, so you could adjust the new food to be in line with vanilla food (make a copy of it if you want to edit it). I try to keep it updated with the most recent game builds and suggest fixes in the bug reports forum to fix various small isseues with them, such as missing flags and typos too :).

That spreadsheet is sweet. 

I actually got two new evolved recipes working yesterday, but now I'm stuck at getting existing items to work with the new recipes...

Guess more digging into how and why the context menu luas keep breaking is needed...

5 hours ago, MickyPain said:

That spreadsheet is sweet. 

I actually got two new evolved recipes working yesterday, but now I'm stuck at getting existing items to work with the new recipes...

Guess more digging into how and why the context menu luas keep breaking is needed...

Have you tried override = true maybe?