List of world tiles that can't be picked up

Faalagorn

On 9/26/2020 at 1:51 PM, Faalagorn said:
  • Wooden pole with line (for some reason it's not visible on map) https://map.projectzomboid.com/#11247x8960nop4d8u.pngEDIT: I just realized it's Wooden Picket from crafting menu; do these spawn naturally as part of an event?

Iirc, this one has been placed due to a very special occasion - irl - so it only stands true that one cannot pick it up ;) 

From metalwork:

Can't believe I had never seen this thread. So lemme add a few:

• Corner Bookshelf 

Corner.PNG.7f1e93c04a779b05b767b4b72e439072.PNG

They've never been possible to pick up.

• Double-Slot Low Shelves

Low.PNG.b9baf7d8c22de41f91810d2dec971114.PNG

They're actually TWO TRIPLE SLOT shelves put together, compacted using some kind of Dev-Only tool that makes the impossible to pick up.

• Secret Base Radar Dishes

Dish.PNG.6f63d7745a41e4073d235a95e1745df4.PNG

Even if you build a ledge up to them, they can't be picked up.

Edited by Blake81

5 minutes ago, Blake81 said:

Can't believe I had never seen this thread. So lemme add a few:

• Corner Bookshelf 

Corner.PNG.7f1e93c04a779b05b767b4b72e439072.PNG

The Corner Bookshelves can't indeed be picked up, they also don't also have a name, but they can be disassembled – I listed them in the List of disassemblable objects thread.

Thanks for the rest!

I'll also add two more signs:

Glad to be of help!

Also, forgot to ask, but I noticed that Cubicles got a strikethrough in the first post. Does that mean they can be removed now? Haven't tried removing them in a long while now (and I've really wanted to use them for a lot of things).

3 hours ago, Blake81 said:

Glad to be of help!

Also, forgot to ask, but I noticed that Cubicles got a strikethrough in the first post. Does that mean they can be removed now? Haven't tried removing them in a long while now (and I've really wanted to use them for a lot of things).

Yup, you can try them all to see if all indeed are, but they got option to be picked a few patches ago (in IWBUMS) :). I'm not sure how it works with older saves, but I always try on a fresh world.

Found two more while checking the Cubicles thing:

Two-Slots Whiteboard:

Board.PNG.1aa284a2a6f433af220cc3607295258f.PNG

It's actually two three-slots school white boards cut up and put together. If you try to pick either side up, it turns into a 3-slots and can't be picked (same problem as the double shelves from before)

Triple-Size Office Desk (found on the 2nd floor of the WP Office Building)

Desk.PNG.f2985c02305a5b30e3a1153815480543.PNG

This one doesn't even register when you try to pick it up.

Also, found something interesting about the Cubicles (which may or may not be a bug), you can pick each side INDEPENDENTLY, and put down just like that. Meaning that you can split them and use them split.

39 minutes ago, Blake81 said:

Also, found something interesting about the Cubicles (which may or may not be a bug), you can pick each side INDEPENDENTLY, and put down just like that. Meaning that you can split them and use them split.

It is similar to rugs, paintings and some signs, though I'm puzzled which way is preferred: https://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php?/topic/24251-list-of-items-that-should-be-picked-as-whole-not-tile-by-tile/

On 11/8/2020 at 9:32 PM, Faalagorn said:

It is similar to rugs, paintings and some signs, though I'm puzzled which way is preferred: https://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php?/topic/24251-list-of-items-that-should-be-picked-as-whole-not-tile-by-tile/

Also the Buffet Counters work that way too that they are picked one by one (Corner A, Middle and Corner B), they were added at the same time.

I also added example location for Church cross in my old post – it seems it's used in various churches along the map. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...