List of world tiles that can't be picked up

Faalagorn

I decided to make a list of items that currently can not be picked, but technically should be possible to do. Seeing as virtually anything can be picked now, given enough skill and having required tools, I decided to put it in the bug reports as possible omissions instead of suggestion, even if technically it could probably apply to suggestion. I'll post separate 

I'll try to post each item, screenshot and example PZMap location based on the most recent public testing build (as the time of writing 40.3 weather test build) and give a suggested name for it, since I think the tiles don't get a name until they are able to be picked:

Edited by Faalagorn

12 minutes ago, Rass said:

This is not related to the pick up function that other objects use, but it's quite odd that gravel still cannot be picked up despite the fact that this has been reported many times over the years.

Can dig it up and 'pour' it out somewhere though I'm sure?

18 hours ago, Faalagorn said:

Indeed, I just tested it and you can take dirt, sand and gravel to the bag with the shovel:

20180725160606_1.thumb.jpg.ad945e402d332cc7c4c105367feca3ac.jpg

20180725160619_1.thumb.jpg.2ca2832fc389e8d52e46ddb6deff8931.jpg

That's weird. I can pick up sand and dirt normally, but it doesn't work with gravel for me.

6 hours ago, Rass said:

That's weird. I can pick up sand and dirt normally, but it doesn't work with gravel for me.

It was on the most recent weather test (40.3), didn't tested it on earlier build though.

Edited by Faalagorn

On 25/07/2018 at 1:09 AM, Faalagorn said:

All three of these are embedded into the ground and shouldn't be able to be picked up. Two of which are embedded into concrete and would need industrial tools to dig up. I invite you to go to your nearest Streetlamp and attempt to pick it up to understand what I mean.

4 hours ago, DrunkDwarf said:

All three of these are embedded into the ground and shouldn't be able to be picked up. Two of which are embedded into concrete and would need industrial tools to dig up. I invite you to go to your nearest Streetlamp and attempt to pick it up to understand what I mean.

On the other hand, we are "picking" up the street signs and fire hydrants/standpipes (!) (with shovel and farming) and disassemble various metal things with propane torches (including whole vehicles), so it's all up to time and skills, plus you can also smash it all with sledgehammer currently.

Alternatively, they could be disassemblable for raw materials using the disassemble menu obviously, similar to doors/fences "Scrappable Objects" currently :).

Thanks for making 50s Dinner Table pickable, as now it's not so easy to get stuck in a few more dinners :). I checked other items mentioned before, in build 40.39, and they are still not pickable. I also changed topic a little to reflect the scope of it. Adding to the list is this:

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm awaiting eagerly to see what can I cross from the list in the nearest patch :D https://projectzomboid.com/blog/2020/05/urban-terrorz/

Also this 

And this one ;)

It's not mentioned in thursdoid and I haven't checked in a while but I'll also check this, maybe some new items can be deconstructed as well?

Either way, I love those small changes, keep em going :)

I updated the list for 41.37, thanks for making the counters, wooden box, big mirror and spiffo tables movable! Here's a couple more I found:

Edited by Faalagorn

All nature stuff (bushes, trees, etc.), which was mentioned before by someone.

I really hate that stuff, the rocks or twigs you can't destroy, move or even pick up... it took me about 30 respawns to finally have the small area I want, without some type of plant etc, coming through the floorboards.

Also, the wooden cross can't be dismantled, as of 41.37, I didn't try to move or destroy it.

On a side note, the other day I came across a spot in a field that when I right-clicked, it said Pick Yellow Flower. There wasn;t a picture for it, I was just going to move to that spot.  I should have gotten a screenshot, but forgot to at the time. I heard about berry bushes a long time ago and maybe this was something like that?

Edit - I was wrong, there's grass coming through the very bottom right floorboard. Now, if I was able to move or dismantle/destroy the player made floorboards, I could shift everything over 1 spot and it would be fine. I guess I can just put a crate over it.

Edited by Grelko

EDIT: I also realized that there is already a much useful PZwiki page listing items that can't be moved here: https://pzwiki.net/wiki/Furniture

Edited by Faalagorn

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...